Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys -

I am trying to black out my Wrangler and I would like to remove the "wrangler" wording from the hood. also the "unlimited" and "sport" wording. What is the easiest/safest way to remove them? Thanks in advance...

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
I used a hair dryer to evenly heat the decals, the. PLASTIC razor blades to lift up the edge. Once the edge was up I was able to pull the whole thing off in one shot. Glue residue can be removed with Goo Gone and a microfiber cloth.

The secret is staying patient. Allow the heat to do its job loosening it up, then allow that Goo Gone to break down the glue.

image-1877221204.jpg

·
Registered
55 Posts
iAmDanMartin is correct. I did this on both of my JKs. The only difference is I didn't use plastic razor blades; instead, I used a fingernail to begin lifting a corner. It's very easy if you follow the directions below. Make sure you wash the surface and wax it when you're done.

I used a hair dryer to evenly heat the decals, the. PLASTIC razor blades to lift up the edge. Once the edge was up I was able to pull the whole thing off in one shot. Glue residue can be removed with Goo Gone and a microfiber cloth.

The secret is staying patient. Allow the heat to do its job loosening it up, then allow that Goo Gone to break down the glue.

View attachment 1481561

·
Registered
26 Posts
Depending on how long they have been on. I removed my Wrangler decal after the first year. I got the corner with a fingernail, and some gentile pulling they came right off. I did this when it was warm out to let the glue soften a bit, and they came right off. I actually put them on my tool chest. Little buff, little wax, you wouldn't think they were even there.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I removed the "X" and Wrangler decals of my 2009 last summer. So after they had been on there for 4 plus years I thought they came off quite easy. I used a hair dryer then Goo Gone to remove the residue.

After that I waxed the area where the decals were because there appeared to be some fading. The wax brought everything back to normal and you couldn't even tell there had been decals there.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I used good old hot water running from a garden hose. WD 40 or Goo gone if there is residual glue.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts

View attachment 1481561
That's what I did.

And my name is Dan McMartin. You're screen name freaked me out for a moment. :D

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Depending on how long they have been on. I removed my Wrangler decal after the first year. I got the corner with a fingernail, and some gentile pulling they came right off.
Same here, but I did it last month to a Jeep I've had for over two years. The stickers stretched and weren't really reusable, though.

Heat gun or hairdryer to soften the glue, goo-gone for clean up (then clean off the goo-gone, it'll eventually mess up the paint).

·
Registered
173 Posts
I had 2 huge black stripes running down my hood. Honestly, just use wd-40. Other people were telling me to go get this special product at this special store, and use it 2 or 3 times then do this and that. No. Just spray some wd-40 on a towel and just scrub the sticker. (Make sure you use quite a bit of wd-40) and once you start peeling a corner off, it'll all come off

1 - 12 of 12 Posts