Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are plenty of YouTube videos on it, not worried about that. But as I'm waiting for my Poison Spyder fenders to finish getting painted. Anyone here remove all 4 fenders and installed new ones, recommend getting a rivet nut tool?

A few videos highly recommend, while a few reviews online say they didn't need em. Any thoughts here???

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Yes, well worth it. Much faster than the little setup PS provides. Many people in our jeep club have used mine as well. Suprisingly I actually have it in my possession. I just picked up one on Amazon.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Yes, well worth it. Much faster than the little setup PS provides. Many people in our jeep club have used mine as well. Suprisingly I actually have it in my possession. I just picked up one on Amazon.
X2 the kits on amazon are worth the little bit of money they cost.

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts
Get the Marson tool. I used mine for my PS fender installation. That's the tool recommended by PS (I asked them!)

Better yet get the Marson took kit as it includes the various size mandrels and a storage box.

Also: take your time installing the rivnuts. Any not holding right, take it out and replace it. Hint: get some spares!

You can trim your front inner fender and reuse it. Not the rear ones. I ended up spraying a rubber wheelwell coating in the rear, cery happy with the result.

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Yes, a tool makes things so much easier. When I have a bunch to install I make a tool and use my 1/4" impact driver. All you need is a bolt the same size as the rivnut, often called a nutcert, a few washers, a coupler nut larger than the bolt. Here is a video of the tool and its use. Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for all the replies. Fenders should be ready by Thursday the latest, so I cant wait to knock this out. Thanks again

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Yes, a tool makes things so much easier. When I have a bunch to install I make a tool and use my 1/4" impact driver. All you need is a bolt the same size as the rivnut, often called a nutcert, a few washers, a coupler nut larger than the bolt. Here is a video of the tool and its use. Good luck with your project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cel7FllhxJM
Ive done it that way too! Works pretty well also.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cel7FllhxJM
Ive done it that way too! Works pretty well also.
Im going to try this way first. See how far I can get. But I also spent $37 on Amazon to get the to as a just in case. That way Im not half way in and decide to go the tool route and have to wait couple days for it to arrive

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used the Astro nutsert kit, it's great. I had to do a lot for my EVO corner armor. Now I keep looking for more places to put nutserts!
Mine just came in the mail Saturday. Looks awesome. Now I'm just waiting on my fenders. Shop has had em for almost 2 weeks and promising again to have em done within the next couple days 😠

1 - 11 of 11 Posts