Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Remove Torques tie downs.

2. Gently pry the seat belt cover by pushing in and prying at the same time.

3. Gently pry the back cover by pushing in and prying at the same time. Do the front side first then the rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
4. Remove the 10mm nut hiding behind the back cover. You can see it better from the outside of the vehicle.

5. Lift the sub-woofer over the bolt to free the top.

6. Remove the tool compartment liner.

7. Lift up and pull the top out at the same time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Ohhh, so THAT's how you do it right...

I haven't had seatbelts in the back in over a year, and the trim around that area had already taken some damage from the removal of the belts and subsequent removals for random things. Needless to say, I'm at a point where I need to decide whether to just tape those trim pieces up and paint over them or if I should remove them altogether.

Was that Polk a direct bolt-in to the stock enclosure? How does it sound and what model is it?

I took my enclosure apart a couple weeks ago to dynamat inside it and it cleaned up the bass a bit, but I may still want an upgrade at some point.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohhh, so THAT's how you do it right...

I haven't had seatbelts in the back in over a year, and the trim around that area had already taken some damage from the removal of the belts and subsequent removals for random things. Needless to say, I'm at a point where I need to decide whether to just tape those trim pieces up and paint over them or if I should remove them altogether.

Was that Polk a direct bolt-in to the stock enclosure? How does it sound and what model is it?

I took my enclosure apart a couple weeks ago to dynamat inside it and it cleaned up the bass a bit, but I may still want an upgrade at some point.
The Polk was Much, Much, better that stock but I never used it with the stock amp. The real limiting factor was the amp. I would guess it would only produce 75W and a good 8" sub would need at least 150w rms.

The Polk db840 not what I call a direct fit because the stock speaker was a different number or mounting screws than the Polk. Hence the stock grill does not fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts