Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a good way of removing suntan lotion stains (oh god that is ripe for some jokes) on the interior?
The stuff is tenacious. I've tried basic cleaners and Griot's interior cleaner and they did not work.
The leather is messed up quite a bit.

·
Registered
134 Posts
On plastic try alcohol prep pads. I do this to clean sweat and such off plastic.

On leather i would try other leather cleaners or if you don't want to spend that much money, you can use alcohol preps as well but make sure to dry it and then clean and condition your leather immediately.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Subscribing. My missus spilled something white on the interior cloth seat; I assume it's lotion. I'll be looking for answers on that one...

·
Premium Member
2017 JKUR
1,163 Posts
I'm starting to see this too

·
Registered
193 Posts
damp microfiber cloth (makes a huge difference), and some elbow grease. Water only on leather. Mild soap on plastic trim if necessary, then wipe with some 303. Make sure its off before the 303 though.

I workout outside all the time, heavy sunscreen user; drives me nuts when I get lotion on the interior trim...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had success using degreaser and a brush.
I had to go over the spot 3 times but I managed to get it to my liking. I'll clean some more later. This area was really bad!

I went on and cleaned some more spots that I had deemed lost causes with success.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I had success using degreaser and a brush.
I had to go over the spot 3 times but I managed to get it to my liking. I'll clean some more later. This area was really bad!
As mentioned, I would make sure you finalize that area of leather with a really good conditioner. Otherwise, I would be really afraid that the degreaser would dry/crack the leather in no time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts