Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having one hell of a time getting the OE sway bar links off of the sway bar. I'm Using Liquid Wrench, heat, a pickle fork and a BF hammer. No Joy :pullinghair:. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm having one hell of a time getting the OE sway bar links off of the sway bar. I'm Using Liquid Wrench, heat, a pickle fork and a BF hammer. No Joy :pullinghair:. Any suggestions?

I had to use a ome puller tool the last time I took mine out and it worked like a charm. I bought one from pep boys and it was a little pricey I think 30 dollars but you could probably get a free loaner too and it worked like a charm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
support the bar close to the end and bash it out. little heat won't hurt but it just needs shocked real good.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Are you having issues with where the links and sway bar meet? If so, take 2 hammers, and whack both sides of the sway bar perpendicular to the bolt running through it. You’ll want to swing it down and out toward the front of the Jeep so you can hit both sides easily

·
Registered
345 Posts
I had to use a ome puller tool the last time I took mine out and it worked like a charm. I bought one from pep boys and it was a little pricey I think 30 dollars but you could probably get a free loaner too and it worked like a charm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can rent 'em for free from auto parts stores like O'Reillys. Deposit on your CC that you get back when you return it.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Are you having issues with where the links and sway bar meet? If so, take 2 hammers, and whack both sides of the sway bar perpendicular to the bolt running through it. You’ll want to swing it down and out toward the front of the Jeep so you can hit both sides easily
Or you can jack up the Jeep and let the axle hang. The weight of the axle and a little tap with a BFH works charms. A pitman arm puller pops them loose in 10 seconds too.

Reactions: Ironhead Jed
1 - 7 of 7 Posts