Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Which should I paint this TJ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now it is red.
It's getting a paint job regardless, I'm just trying to decide if I wanna keep it the same color, or switch it up.
Different colors that I've been looking at include burnt orange, dark green, green, dark blue, and silver/grayish.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions or opinions -- just throw them in.

I searched the forums, but I couldn't find any other posts comparing these colors to one another.

Also - keep in mind that my jeep will soon have black wheels, and black all over the place.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm a fan of green... but I am wondering what the bruisings off road might do to such a color scheme (orange showing through the green).

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
I love the burnt orange if I ever repaint mine that's what it will be
But I have patriot blue and like it very much

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
I voted to keep it your current Chili pepper red... :) For a few reasons, one, Chili pepper is a fairly uncommon color, they only used it in 98-99. Two, it's much more work to change colors than to repaint the same color, and three, as mentioned above, any damage, even rock chips or pin striping will show the original color under and look like dooky... :)

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Painted mine Imola Orange. same as AEV hemi TJ form 2003.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I voted to keep it your current Chili pepper red... :) For a few reasons, one, Chili pepper is a fairly uncommon color, they only used it in 98-99. Two, it's much more work to change colors than to repaint the same color, and three, as mentioned above, any damage, even rock chips or pin striping will show the original color under and look like dooky... :)
Changing the color is a pain, under the hood, strip out the entire interior. If you take everything off and just shoot the exterior it won't be so bad. With paint/body its that labor & prep that kills you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Red would obviously be the cheapest way to go, it's just that with the jeep, there are three red cars in my driveway. My mom's got a big red soccer mom suburban, and my grandmother has a red ford escape. Get a little tired of seeing red everywhere haha. Since it's about time for new paint, I just wanted to explore my options. Plus I'll be headed to college soon so I won't see the other red cars often anyways. I think I'm leaning towards repainting it the same color as it is now just because it's cheaper, and probably just a better choice overall. I feel like if I had any other color that I would miss my red. I will keep you guys updated

1 - 11 of 11 Posts