Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an repair manuals that would apply to the 2015 JKU (printed or DVD) out there other than the very expensive Mopar ones (if those are even available)?
Chiltons... Haynes?

·
Registered
783 Posts
The problem i've noticed with DVD manuals is you have to install software onto your computer to access the Online files. Problem after that is later down the road, when theres a Internet Explorer update, Windows Update or change, you cant use that expensive manual anymore. Then you have to search for fixes or patches.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
The problem i've noticed with DVD manuals is you have to install software onto your computer to access the Online files. Problem after that is later down the road, when theres a Internet Explorer update, Windows Update or change, you cant use that expensive manual anymore. Then you have to search for fixes or patches.
On my '13, when I went from Windows XP to Windows 7, my factory service manual DVD quit working. I contacted TechAuthority about the issue, and even though I couldn't prove I bought the original DVD (I think they had record in some computer but didn't tell me), they sent me a new copy for my new software version free of charge.

BTW - my factory service manual DVD doesn't require an internet connection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts