Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any good mechanics that know Jeeps? Honest and reasonable (I know that's asking a lot).

Greater Boston metro west area.

Now I only have a basic needs, like I can't get any bolts off to swap bumpers and side steps, but a good mechanic is good to have on hand.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
I know 1 in Westboro MA. He isn't specifically a jeep mechanic but he is a great mechanic and would probably do things like bumpers and sliders/steps. I believe he has done lift kits before at least on personal vehicles when he was younger but don't quote me.

I went to school with his son and I really like him because unlike dealers, he understands when a car is too old to sink real money into and all you want is a cheap fix to get a few more months. He did that to my VW 3 years ago and after giving it to my younger brother, it's surprisingly still running. He also has offered to give me his truck so I can go to work or even drive to my house and pick up the car for free. He is just a very good guy

Anywho, the owner is Jeff and it's Dave's 4 cylinder in Westboro MA. Not a big shop but very honest and very nice

·
Registered
89 Posts
elias4wdcenter seems a place that dealing 4WD a lot. I never come there but thinking about get my SYE and CV shaft installed there in the near future. Has anyone use them before?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Yes Elias are good people they will treat you right.They Know Jeeps!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I had my lift put on by Elias and couldn't be happier. Lou (the owner) is a great guy and very helpful. They know Jeeps.

Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lou and Chris at Elias are the best. I call Lou, "Doctor Jeep." He's so easy going, but such an automotive expert. I had several major problems that they took care of at a fair price. They'll do a complete inspection of your Jeep, then let you decide what you want to fix, and what order of priority. You cannot find a better place to bring your Jeep, east, west, north, or south.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Now I only have a basic needs, like I can't get any bolts off to swap bumpers and side steps, but a good mechanic is good to have on hand. Thanks.
I know this is a couple months old, but if you're still dealing with bolt issues, go to the hardware store or auto parts store, get a can of PB Blaster, spray the bolts for a couple days, get a T-55 torx bit, ratchet handle, and they should come out fairly easy. Then do yourself a favor and replace the bumper bolts with 1.5"-2" long, 1/2"-13 UNC Grade 8 hex head bolts (hardware store employees will fetch them) and matching washers and nuts. Replace any bolts you take out as you do more work with your Jeep with Grade 8 hex heads. They won't rust into place from these New England winters and also because torx sucks anyways.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I've been happy with the service I've received from Accurate Automotive in Burlington. They are not a 4x4 shop, but they have experience with 4x4 vehicles, lifts, etc. Friendly and have a straight shooter attitude (e.g. Here's what you need to know, whether you spend your money here or not).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts