Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How difficult is it to replace a clutch in a 98 TJ. My son and I are planning to do the job but not sure what all is involved. Can anyone give us some advice? Maybe a site where we can get some tips or instructions?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I changed the text size after 4 points comment. Did not realize how big it was. Thanks for the link. This will come in use.

Any advice on brand of clutch? My sons jeep is on a four inch lift with 33's and well basically he drives the hell out of it and I really dont want to do this again.

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
I'd say get him an automatic.. lol honestly.. if you drive it like crap.. you can burn up any brand NEW clutch in just few minutes.

·
Wrecktrician
7,349 Posts
I was being a smartass, sorry. From what I understand an OEM replacement would be the best bet. If you search back there's been a clutch thread within the last couple of days and some brand recommendations.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh your comment did bug me....I thought it was funny....then I saw how big I made the text and DAMN...HAHA....anyways he has a bad habit of thinking he is driving a sports car and tries to spin his big 33's....well I think after he has had to pay for a new rear axle and now a clutch he better have learned a lesson otherwise I take back the jeep and put his ass in a honda civic....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But thanks everyone for your advice. I will probably just go back with OEM....I had read some info on the performance clutches and didn't know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts