Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1083 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace the stock radio antenna that screws on the outside of the Jeep with a smaller whip type antenna. Any links or sites that sell them. Cannot find any at local auto stores.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Has anyone noticed any reception loss going with this antenna?

·
Registered
553 Posts
This is great! I was just thinking about this the other day as I cleaned snow off the windshield and the antenna kept getting in the way.

Plus the black looks good.

I'll have to add it to the (mild, but ever-growing) mod list.

Thanks.

Any idea if it needs to be completely vertical? I think it would look even better if it could follow the rake of the windshield.

·
Registered
361 Posts
mgola27 said:
This is great! I was just thinking about this the other day as I cleaned snow off the windshield and the antenna kept getting in the way.

Plus the black looks good.

I'll have to add it to the (mild, but ever-growing) mod list.

Thanks.

Any idea if it needs to be completely vertical? I think it would look even better if it could follow the rake of the windshield.
Maybe. Try turning the base of there antenna. I'm not that worried about. Lol my wife thinks its "cute" anyways i think its cuz is so small.........wait a minute she says the samething about.........nvm.

Sent from my Droid using WF Access

·
Registered
361 Posts
Trunz150 said:
will this work with a 2011?
I don't see why not. Its just a radio antenna. Pretty sure a coat hanger would work to.

Sent from my Droid using WF Access

·
Registered
19 Posts
thanks for the hook up I ordered two one for my wifes JK as well they contrast well with some of the other black options on the jeeps, hers is gray and mine is yellow

namsag

·
Registered
127 Posts
haha i wonder how many antenni this company just sold strictly from this thread. I just ordered mine, ill post pics when it comes in and is installed

·
Registered
123 Posts
haha i wonder how many antenni this company just sold strictly from this thread. I just ordered mine, ill post pics when it comes in and is installed
x2 ha exactly what i was thinking, good thread, i hate the factory antenna

1 - 20 of 1083 Posts