Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have jk 2014 unlimited sportI want to replace the stock shocks, does old man emu shocks 60066 FrontNitrocharger Sport 2.5".

Could they fit my car with thestock coil springs which is 0" lift without making damage for the newshocks.

Thanks for your feedback

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
no they are too long.

·
Super Moderator
4,577 Posts
I have jk 2014 unlimited sportI want to replace the stock shocks, does old man emu shocks 60066 FrontNitrocharger Sport 2.5".

Could they fit my car with thestock coil springs which is 0" lift without making damage for the newshocks.

Thanks for your feedback

I have those shocks at home. I originally put them on, then I replaced them with the L version. The L version is longer. As I recall, the non L version is only about 14 inches collapsed, which is about in line with the stock shock length. They are about 23 inches long extended, which is a little longer than stock. But I would not think it would be a problem. However, I ran them back when I had stock springs with 2.5" spacers up front. It seemed to work OK, but I no longer have that set up. That was several setups ago.
I am not trying to contradict jadmt, he does have way more experience with Jeeps than I do. But my experience with that shock is it will fit in place of the stock shock. Just make sure you do not get the L version, 60066L.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your feedback
I revert back to the shocks specs on Quadratec website for part number 60066 it was written that these shocks are for lift range 0 - 2.5 inch, so they should working properly with the stock coil springs which is 0" lift without problems.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another question plz did you faced any problems with 2.5" coil springs, some friends tried the full Kit and having same problem in the rear right shock absorber, after looking for the reason they find that the rear bracket relocation with the OME kit is not long enough that is why they having problem with the rear right shock and they replaced with the Teraflex which is longer than the OME.

·
Super Moderator
4,577 Posts
Thanks for your feedback
I revert back to the shocks specs on Quadratec website for part number 60066 it was written that these shocks are for lift range 0 - 2.5 inch, so they should working properly with the stock coil springs which is 0" lift without problems.
Those specs / ratings are pretty general. But in my experience those shocks would be OK with no lift, and they work pretty well with 2 to 2.5 inches of lift. They aren't so long that you are likely to have issues with the front drive shaft hitting the exhaust. I think they are a good intermediate shock. I like them well enough that as I added more lift I went to the L versions of both the front 60066 and rear 60067 shocks. Those are longer and need a couple inches of bumpstop to work right (60066L and 60067L)

I don't understand what you are talking about with the rear bracket relocation. You should not need a bracket to use these shocks. If you were to run them with a shock extension bracket you would likely need to add some bump stop. Matching up bump stop to shock length can be tricky, but it is just math. An easy way to test is to put the suspension together without the springs and cycle the corners. I like to mark shocks that have a cover, like the OME shocks do, so that I can see where full compression is. Then I can measure to see how far I am from full compression at any given time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Am talking about the rear Tie Rod bracket relocation which is used with the lifting kits, could it be the reason behind this issue

·
Super Moderator
4,577 Posts
The rear track bar relocation bracket makes the rear track bar more level so that it works better. I have the TeraFlex version on our Jeep. No issues with it. I don't know about the OME bracket. I know that some brackets are better than others. I know that TeraFlex has two different versions of the relocation bracket, and one is much better than the other. But I don't know of any issues with the OME bracket, but looking at pictures of an OME 2" lift kit with a bracket (they seem to call it a panhard rod extension bracket) it looks like the crappy bracket from TeraFlex. If I had that bracket I would upgrade to a better one from either TF or MC or whomever you prefer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts