Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced both rear wheel cylinders in the drum brakes and figured while i was at it ill rotate my tires. So i did it per instructions of my haynes manual of front to back, staying on same side of jeep. After i did all this, my jeep slightly pulls to the right(passenger side). I wouldnt think either of the things i did would affect alignment? Is this an alignment issue? I just had an alignment a few months ago after my lift install and after reading some ill probably just do it myself if its the issue but is it an alignment issue or did my tire rotation cause this from slight uneven wear and will it just go away?

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
its normal to get a little pull when you rotate the tires around... in a perfect world, they all wear evenly... but that really never happens. one has more air... one tire has a chunk of tread missing... too many variables. mine do it for about 100 miles or so.. then it's back to normal.

did you do the rearward cross?

1. rear straight forward, and the front's crossed back
  2. front's crossed to the back opposite side (left front to right rear.... )
better to do that with 4WD and RWD vehicles. also not a bad idea to rotate the spare in (assuming same size)... you'll get a bit more life out of your tires. :thumb:

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
its normal to get a little pull when you rotate the tires around... in a perfect world, they all wear evenly... but that really never happens. one has more air... one tire has a chunk of tread missing... too many variables. mine do it for about 100 miles or so.. then it's back to normal.

did you do the rearward cross?

1. front's straight back
  2. back's crossed to the front opposite side (left rear to front right, right rear to front left)?
better to do that with 4WD and RWD vehicles. also not a bad idea to rotate the spare in (assuming same size)... you'll get a bit more life out of your tires. :thumb:
You are backwards bob...

Backs straight forward, fronts crossed back

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well in my haynes manual it said to just swap front and rear. Stays on same sides just swap the front and rear. Should i swap them like yall stated? And good to hear that its most likely tire wear. My alignment was pretty much perfect before tge rotation. I could let go of the wheel and stay straight forever. Im assuming its the same but havent read the thread on here about how to check yet. Should i check alignment first? Or swap the tires to make it like how yall described?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, when i bought the jeep back in nov of 2011 it was already too late to rotate the spare in because i was going to do that but now i cant so once these tires run bald ill get another set of duratracs so i can rotate in the spare amd get that muh more life.

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
Swap the fronts now. See if it gets better or pulls to the left. If it does you will know it is the tires.
^^ :thumb:... technically though, its the backs you should be crossing. (rearward) if you're alignment was good, i'd bet it's just wear, might be a little tire pressure too..

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya i figured it was the rears to swap but since its slightly pulling ill swap the fronts and see if that changes anything. Ill keep yall posted, thanks for the help so far!

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Just for clariication, you are talking about pulling while you are driving, and not pulling while you are braking, right?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just for clariication, you are talking about pulling while you are driving, and not pulling while you are braking, right?
Yes. No pulling while braking. Just a slight pull while driving. Brakes are good

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not sure, havent read the diy alignment yet

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
^^ :thumb:... technically though, its the backs you should be crossing. (rearward) if you're alignment was good, i'd bet it's just wear, might be a little tire pressure too..

I knew that but I have had tire pull before. That is a quick way to eliminate it as the culprit. But he said while breaking in a later post so that probably is not it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts