Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so after many curses cuts and days I replaced my engine and fixed many a issue( I feel like an expert when I'm wasted). Two motor tear ours and 1 motor instal ... So I installed my whole drivetrain together and when I got to tear driving the bugger I got this vibration where the whole vehicle feels like it's shaking, steering wheel looks like it's going to hit me in the face. What I did :
1. Installed drivetrain
2. U joints on front driveshaft and new output shaft seal on tcase
3.put up skid and made another torque arm bushing assembly with 1/2" stud
4. Drove with just rear shaft.. Got vibration when acceralting and engine breaking
5.installed front driveshaft Drove it and got vibration
6. Adjusted tightness in mounts vibration slightly improved but only slightly
7.noted leakage from New ouput shaft seal

Angles look good and these are all stock parts minus the stud

Any idea what I should try next?

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
What kind of motor mounts are you running?
is your torque arm stud tight, or just kind of flopping around loosely?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Is it possible that your torque arm stud is pulling the engine one way or the other? If you loosen up the torque arm does the engine position follow the arm loosening or stay in place?

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
stock mounts and all tight
The torque arm stud is not supposed to be tight. Thats why you need the correct stud assembly. It provides the correct clearances and when correct, the whole thing floats and kinda rattles around in the holes like its broken

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The torque arm stud is not supposed to be tight. Thats why you need the correct stud assembly. It provides the correct clearances and when correct, the whole thing floats and kinda rattles around in the holes like its broken
ah! okay, yeah Haynes manual didn't specify. How tight should my torque arm stud be?

another note:

I FOUND THE PROBLEM. ran the car on jackstands and then bam- noticed a broken strap bolt. drilled it out, replaced the strap and bolt with extras I had and then bam the vibe was gone.

should've checked the simple stuff first. DOI :atomic:

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
What strap and bolt do you talk about?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts