Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

BEFORE:
So my clutch pedal HAD no pressure at all, even if pumping and I had it towed to the dealership who found the master cylinder to be faulty. They replaced it. Which fixed the problem.

NOW:
Now a few months later I found no pressure in my clutch first thing in the morning, it went to floor, but after that it has pressure. Does this every morning. I have not tried to drive it though to see if it will drive properly. There was a small amount of clutch fluid found under the jeep as well.

Any idea what is wrong now ? I'm hoping not the slave cylinder because I understand that is expensive to replace. This is a 88 YJ with stick shift, straight 6 engine.

Thanks for any help!
John

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
You need to find out where the fluid is coming from..if it's from the bellhousing it's the slave...it's not hard to replace..but you do have to drop skid plate and tranny.

·
Super Moderator
12,668 Posts
There are a lot of threads on this forum that address the same issue. I haven't had to do mine yet, but most posters say to replace the master and slave as a pair. That is what I would do, even though the dealership has already installed a new master.

Get a Chiltons or Haynes repair manual, or better yet a Factory Service Manual. One job done by yourself will more than pay for the cost of the manual.

Good Luck, L.M.

Good Luck, L.M.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts