Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get rid of the trashed stock seats in the YJ. I want them to be just solid material waterproof and simple. I have the seats that slide forward and back but fixed as far as reclining. So where do I get a simple like racing seat or nothing fancy. I could have swore I have seen them in Summit Racings catalog but im wrong. Can't even find a picture to say it but just a basic black waterproof seat. I don't care if its comfortable haah, but preffer a foam plastic

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have the bestop replacement seats (the shorter half seats) the black crush is vinyl and the spice is the same material as the top they're comfortable and cheap and the full seats can recline, have a head rest, or be a fixed seat pike your other seats. I had some corbeau neoprene seats(more of the racing style) but they broke...so go with bestop they're great replacements

·
i'm......... lost
1,668 Posts
corbeau makes HELLA nice seats. i love the look of them

·
Registered
182 Posts
BLEGAN said:
They were really nice but I was driving down the road and the reclining spring broke sending me flying back. I liked the seats but I never felt comfortable with them again.

·
i'm......... lost
1,668 Posts
They were really nice but I was driving down the road and the reclining spring broke sending me flying back. I liked the seats but I never felt comfortable with them again.
it broke? wow. theyre high quality looking too

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the bestop replacement seats (the shorter half seats) the black crush is vinyl and the spice is the same material as the top they're comfortable and cheap and the full seats can recline, have a head rest, or be a fixed seat pike your other seats. I had some corbeau neoprene seats(more of the racing style) but they broke...so go with bestop they're great replacements
Good point all makes sense. I do sort of like those half lower cut seats.

Yea they look good but not a chance im spending tha tmuch on seats. Its my beater vehicle. The only thing not waterproof in this who thing right now is these hammered ugly seats and the driver side top half is broken cause it just leans all way back if I try to lean back. Bottom half holds just not the top half.

If I was to spend that much money on something all clean and nice, it would NOT go in this jeep haha. I'll spend less that $100 for both front seats if I buy new. Which is the hard poly racing seats. For $260 or whatever i'll just get some wet okole seat covers to make it clean lookin and waterproof for the most part. Then tear into the seat just to fix that bend.

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
Does anyone know where to get a replacement seat for a 98 TJ, with headrests. I need headrests for my kids protection. thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts