Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a new soft top but it has a spring connected to a cable and a plate. Does anyone know what this is for? Also I'm missing the plastic that clips in above the doors.

image-2689234750.jpg

image-3035486436.jpg

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I recently bought a new soft top but it has a spring connected to a cable and a plate. Does anyone know what this is for? Also I'm missing the plastic that clips in above the doors.
That's the newer 2010 and up style stop. They got rid of the plastic clip in pieces above the doors and use a spring loaded cable to hold it tight to the surrounds. They require a different surround that the 07-09 tops used.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh wonderful, any idea what the difference is in the surrounds or if the older style surrounds can be modified ?

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Oh wonderful, any idea what the difference is in the surrounds or if the older style surrounds can be modified ?
No way to modify them, you would need to get new surrounds. Where yours have the channel on the bottom the clip goes into, the newer ones have a recessed groove on top for the cable to pull down into.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn and those surrounds aren't cheap either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts