Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a rebuilt steering column from
Column unlimited along with a lower steering shaft
Any tips or tricks on installing column and lower steering shaft

·
Registered
95 Posts
Greetings,
I can't help with the install, but will be curious how you deal with the high/low beam relay that is on the original column. I have a stainless column from Flaming River (installed by previous owner) and it doesn't have a replay that is toggled by the turn indicator. Unless the unit you bought has one, please share how you get the high beams connected. Mine has an on/off button on the turn signal lever that is not connected to anything. I have asked here and gotten no response.
Thanks and good luck
J

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hey fx that button is ur high beam switch there should of been a relay with the kit.. basicall it switches the ground on and off.. or u can mount a floor switch..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks CAD,
The folks at Flaming river said there was a relay I could buy for $50.00 but I don't have a clue where it wires to. I figured the push button was the modern version of a foot switch, and I have both wires tucked away, just with the rat's next under my dash, and my lack of electrical prowess (other than audio) I just need a little direction, like what the original relay plugged into (wire colors or something)

Will figger it out someday..

·
Registered
514 Posts
i can tell you that.. one side of the switch goes to relay.. then other side goes to headlight power.. two outputs one goes to high beam one to low beam,, sorry for the hijack. the column comes out pretty easy take the bottom dash off disconnect electric unbolt and pull out..

·
Registered
95 Posts
sorry for the hijack also

i can tell you that.. one side of the switch goes to relay.. then other side goes to headlight power.. two outputs one goes to high beam one to low beam,, sorry for the hijack. the column comes out pretty easy take the bottom dash off disconnect electric unbolt and pull out..
Thanks!,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts