Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The original stereo w/ touch screen is going out in out 2008 Unlimited. I think I'd like to replace it with one w/ backup camera, Apple Car play, etc.

Any thoughts on which ones to consider? Rest of the sound system is stock Bose or whatever comes in the Sahara.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
17,486 Posts
Define gouging out
If just loss sensitive/response of touch screen you can replace touch part for under $40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Define gouging out
If just loss sensitive/response of touch screen you can replace touch part for under $40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Touch is less sensitive but the stations also reset randomly. Screen is flaking/peeling as well. Is that all caused by the same part? I would like to upgrade, but not sure how much that would cost. I'd want to stay in the $500 range. If I can go back to fully working stock for $40, I'd likely go that route. Thanks again.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I got this one from crutchfield and have loved it. I use it everyday so it’s easily one of my favorite mods. It’s out of stock currently, but if you’re willing to wait a bit.

·
Registered
2017 JKUHR
94 Posts
I put in the Alpine ilx-207 and Alpine b/u camera 2+ years ago. Got it from Crutchfield. Crutchfield's cable connections are a must have and made for a mostly plug and play install. Music and auto condition monitoring is very good. Phone is no where near as good as OEM. Much more background noise. Connectivity to jeep is mixed. Has safety features that make it a pain to use at times. My screen fogs up on humid days when driving with windows open or top down. This is not due to rain, but Florida's high humidity. Moisture is getting in unit and will eventually cause failure. Will go with a unit that is more environmentally robust should this one fail. Insane Audio looks interesting.

Reactions: Captquin

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just had to upgrade my 2011 system. I went with the Kenwood DMX7706S - use that along with the Maestro adaptor, it works just like a factory unit with your cars computer system and is set up for a back up camera.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts