Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have a '04 TJ X that I am attempting to replace the subwoofer in. Replacement is Pyramid WX65X and I have a JVC KD-SR40 head unit.
I have gotten the old sub out and the new one in however it will not play anything or make any noise.
I checked the fuse it's fine, I used a multimeter to check to see if the amp is getting power it is (12V). I also checked to see if the leads to the sub got power there are two sets of two wires that go to the sub (a red and black, brown and gray) only the red and black are giving power(1.88V).

I don't have any experience in car audio so any help is very much appreciated. Please don't hesitate to ask for more details.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
The Pyramid WX65X appears to be a midwoofer/midrange, not a subwoofer. Where in the Jeep did you install these? (Dash, soundbar, somewhere in rear...) Are you running a separate pair of tweeters with these?

Did what you had in it's place play before you installed the new speakers?

Tell me more about what components are in the system. Which amp, what crossover settings (if any) you have set on the amp, etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Pyramid WX65X appears to be a midwoofer/midrange, not a subwoofer. Where in the Jeep did you install these? (Dash, soundbar, somewhere in rear...) Are you running a separate pair of tweeters with these?

Did what you had in it's place play before you installed the new speakers?

Tell me more about what components are in the system. Which amp, what crossover settings (if any) you have set on the amp, etc.
I am using it to replace the stock sub in the center console. I am still using the stock amp and wiring.

The stock sub did not work so I looked at the forum post that state that they changed there stock sub with the pyramid.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
How are you connecting the aftermarket JVC deck to the stock amp? Is the stock amp designed to power all your speakers or just the sub? I'm afraid I'm not a TJ stock stereo expert to know how it was originally configured from the factory

From what you've described so far, I'm inclined to think that the problem is probably between the deck and the amp. Then the other step would be to do a proper bench test of the amp, but that gets more tech nerdy and complicated.

Also, are your full range speakers connected directly to your deck and do they work fine?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts