Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My moog trackbar failed after just 4k miles of highway driving. Does anyone know where to buy a spicer trackbar besides the stealership? Is there a better brand of trackbar to use?

No lift, no plans of going over 2" in the future either. I just need a HD stock trackbar that will last.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Currie, JKS, Metal cloak, Rockkrawler. Any of these will do very nicely.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Currie, JKS, Metal cloak, Rockkrawler. Any of these will do very nicely.
It is stock right now but plans for a future 2" lift (if I can find a true 2" lift). I don't think any of those bars will fit the front of a stock TJ. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Mopar?

I would stick with the stock track bar. The stock track bar is plenty strong and has the best clearences, it's the best option for 2" or less lift.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mopar?

I would stick with the stock track bar. The stock track bar is plenty strong and has the best clearences, it's the best option for 2" or less lift.
That's my plan and what I tried to do but the moog one failed. What about the other brands like ACDelco and all them? I want spicer but still looking for the best deal. So far I found it at $155.

·
Registered
15,658 Posts
Too bad the metal cloak won't work for you it is solid only 200 and they sell replacement parts for both ends plus it has bigger bolts at both ends

The frame side gets like 150 ft lbs and the axle side like 125

·
Registered
752 Posts
That's my plan and what I tried to do but the moog one failed. What about the other brands like ACDelco and all them? I want spicer but still looking for the best deal. So far I found it at $155.
In my area, at any given time on Craigslist there are two or three stock track bars the owners are asking about $20 just to get rid of them.

·
Registered
728 Posts
How many miles on your Jeep with the original track bar? The reason I ask, most stock track bars last well over 100k, why not replace it with something that works instead of trying to save a few bucks. Because obviously the Moog one failed.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How many miles on your Jeep with the original track bar? The reason I ask, most stock track bars last well over 100k, why not replace it with something that works instead of trying to save a few bucks. Because obviously the Moog one failed.
I replaced the factory one at 98k and now have 102k. The factory one was still ok but I'm doing a complete steering/suspension makeover for the next 100k miles.

My plan is to get a mopar OEM trackbar and am searching the web for prices. I think the lowest I've seen is $155. I might pull the trigger on that but I'll give it till Monday to see if I can find it cheaper.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did a little google-fu and it seems like the Mopar and Crown trackbars use the same part number.

Do they share the same track bars or are the Mopar bars actual factory track bars?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts