Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 Lj and would like to replace my stock fog lights with something a little brighter to help avoid and spot deer I was also wondering if there was a way to use fog and brights with the stock switch (on the blinker) I know that is stupid in fog but at night on backroads it would be nice. Thanks for any input y'all may have

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
I rewired a rocker switch from the battery and the wiring harness on driver's side fender so that I am able to turn on fog and Brights. My factory lights were replaced with KC "plug in" replacements. Factory lights suffered trail damage. Have another rocker for the KC slim lights. Don't need them much-but one time without that much light and can't see is too much!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Cuse me for jumpin in-but I have a fog light issue also.

Mine being the switch on the stork is broke. I can jump the fuse and turn my lamps on...but they won'r switch on at the stork..dealer quoted my the new replacement cost of $190 up from $60 since Chrysler went chapter 11..

So i'm looking for a light harness and relay and would be happy to have a simple dash toggle switch..
any leads-let me know.
Luck CRolandLJ

Muddy

·
Banned
1,006 Posts
Didn't know storks had switches. Anyway you should be able to find one online for less than the stealership wants. How about Autozone or Napa?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ill give Napa a call on the storke..thought that was OEM only-but certainly worth a try.
Those Hellas sound cool...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Toxic, since those are 55w I am assuming they are a direct replacement? Not relays or anything additional to install? Also do they plug right into the stock wires or are they different?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts