Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As opposed to replacing my steering colum with an adjutable one, what if I just use a smaller wheel. My main goal is to get more room for me between the seat and the steering wheel.

1. What is DIA of a factor steering wheel? Mine is 15" on the outside DIA.

***Is that how they are measured?***

2. I can buy a 13 1/2 wheel for around $60. I have power steering so should not be a concern. If it is OD I would gain a inch and a half which is what I need.

Thanks
Roger

·
Registered
5 Posts
remember that if its a 13 1/2 diameter the radius will only change 3/4 inch on each side, giving you only 3/4 inch on the bottom side rather than 1 1/2. i could be wrong... but that seems to make sense in my mind haha

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
remember that if its a 13 1/2 diameter the radius will only change 3/4 inch on each side, giving you only 3/4 inch on the bottom side rather than 1 1/2. i could be wrong... but that seems to make sense in my mind haha
You are right

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I orderd a Grant steering wheel with a 11.5 DIA as opposed to the 15 inch stock wheel. This should give me plenty of leg/theigh room for me for under $60.00 with install kit.

Roger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts