Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im up on vacation in tahoe, went wheeling on the rubicon yesterday and got some bad death wobble going 50mph and hitting bumps afterwards. one of the guys said my passenger side drag link joint is shot, we tightened it up but still had some play, clicking noise when doing the steering test back and forth. so im going to buy a drag link at napa, but i didn't bring tools with me so i have to go buy those also. it looks like it just unbolts, ive never take it off before. is there anything i need to know before i do this? i don't need to jack up the jeep or anything? i just need some basic wreches by looking at it.

thanks

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
You'll need a socket set, ratchet and a hammer. You can just replace the link rod ends. You'll need the hammer to pop the end out of the knuckle.

EDIT: You don't need to jack it up. You may need to re-center the the steeering wheel.

Bob K.

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
The drag link should also control where your steering wheel rides. If its crooked, loosen both bolts on the ends of the drag bar and the bar spins to make itself longer or shorter centering the steering wheel. One end is positive threaded and the other is a backwards thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts