Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to finalize my specs so that I can start pricing a new Sport Unltd. Has anyone here replaced the driver's seat to get better lumbar support? If you buy the "premium sound and leather" option, that gives you leather seats that are heated, is it the same seat, just different material, or is the seat more supportive? If I want a different seat, do I have to do this aftermarket, or can I order something different from Jeep? I'll be getting one made to order since I think the exact specs I want won't be available off the lot. Thanks!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I find that I need more lumbar support in the seat also. I have inserted a small block of rigid insulation foam behind the seat foam for the extra support. I open the bottom of the back rest cover, and make my adjustment.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Aftermarket is probably your only bet.

The Mastercraft RS(and maybe others) have adjustable lumbar support. If you get just the basic seat with adj lumbar support it is just shy of $600, plus you may need the adapter kit for $100, but only specifies through the '12 models for that.

I find that the seats in mine don't do too bad.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. Morespoke- that sounds like an interesting idea. Perhaps this means- go with factory cloth (no leather upgrade) and then see how I go- and replace later if I feel like I need an all together different seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts