Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon guys.

I just need some quick help here. I am looking at replacing my OEM fog light bulbs with Hella H1s. It's easy enough to get to the original bulb. It's fragile and I can't tell if it turns, screws or pulls out or none of the above.

And will these Hella H1s simply plug in? I know this seems simple but I don't want to break the bulbs etc.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Those will not plug into that socket. The H1 is a drop in bulb with a spring retainer that holds the bulb in. The socket on the later model fog light is a twist socket.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate it. I will send these back and maybe go ahead and order the LED fog lights.
I ordered these from Quadratec and asked the question before ordering. Here is my question and the response.

Your Question:
I have a 2012 Wrangler JK. I just installed the Sylvania Silverstar Halogen bulbs. I'd like something brighter to replace my factory fog light bulbs with as my headlights are now nice and white and my fogs are yellowish. I want something that will match fairly well with the Silverstar headlights. Would these be a good fit and will they work on the 2012? Are these easy to replace the factory bulbs like the headlights? Thanks! Dave
Our Answer:
Yes, this would be a good fit and an easy install just like the Sylvania bulbs.

Edit: I contacted Quadratec and they've already opened up a return ticket. They are really great to work with.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
That's terrible on QT's end.

There is no way possible, even with HEAVY Modification to the OE Housing & Plug that an H1 Bulb would work.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Just curious. Is there a LED bulb replacement thats plug and play for a JK?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Those QT fogs are pretty nice, they light things up just as well as my former Inspired Engineering set.

I got the amber ones for something different and improved visibility in, you know, fog.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts