Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched for posts on this subject but have come up empty. I want to replace the painted fenders on my Arctic JKU with
black OEM plastic fenders. How hard is this to do?
Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Well, you'll have to unbolt the painted ones, then rip them off the sheet metal, which will make you think you made a horrible mistake, cuz of all the tearing/ripping noises, though it's really not that bad. (Don't forget to unhook the side running lights before you start yanking on the fenders.)

Next you'll need to separate the splash guards from the fenders (an upholstery tool works awesome). Save the splash guards for use with the new fenders.

Then you'll have to break off the remaining plastic clips (upholstery tool again) along the wheel wells, buy all new clips and plastic push pins, new unpainted fenders, attach the new fenders to the splash guards, then install all that stuff, hook the running lights back up, and bolt everything in.

I could be forgetting a step or two...it's been a couple months since I swapped my stock fenders for Bushwacker flatties.

Most expensive part will be buying the new fenders, unless you can find some take-offs in good shape. And I'd allot about 5-7 hours for the whole job, depending on how mechanically inclined you are.

If you don't do it yourself, then cost of fenders and cost of installation will compete w/each other as to which removes more $$ from your wallet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts