Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had to replace the weather stripping on their full doors?

Wheres a good place to find it? any tricks to pulling it off and putting new on?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I think I need to replace mine since my passenger door rattles like a motherfvcker!

·
KMG 365
918 Posts
I found it here new. It should self expanatory on replacing. Most come with either little push pins or self adheasive already on the part.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found this for about $80 cheaper

or on amazon

·
Registered
491 Posts
Curious, is there any hope of possibly patching the weather stripping?

Mine is slacking off down at the bottom of my driver side door. Causing the door to not shut fully. Is there any way I can get some double sided tape or silicone to patch the existing weather stripping or am I better served by replacing it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had to replace mine on the passenger side due to a bad tear in it .I order one from one of the after market company's we all order parts from got it install work ok but could never get door to close good had to slam door real hard .It end up causing the lock hardware in the door to get hung up due to the extra pressure of the seal being oversized. I had to replace door lock hardware and the seal with a factory seal from Mopar every thing works great now.I would recommend getting a factory seal so you don't end up with any extra problems.The seal itself is easy to replace.The top goes into a channel and bottom is held in buy plastic clips that come with the new seal

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought the amazon one in my link, and the drivers side door took a good two weeks to start shutting somewhat normally. Its sill not perfect but I dont have to slam it, just takes a little extra oomf. If I had to do it over again I would probably go with actual oem

·
Registered
392 Posts
Do you guys think this will fix my rattling passenger door?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Don't know if it would fix a rattle. I replace mine because of air and water getting in.But I know what you mean about a rattle got one on my passenger side also.I haven't had any luck in finding the rattle.I am still looking for it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Mine is literally the entire door rattling. I thought maybe the weatherstripping is old so the door isnt right up against it which causes the rattle

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
have you guys replaced your hinge bushings?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.