Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2007 jk and I was wondering if I should replace the stock suspension and springs with new ones off of a 2014 jeep rubicon. Will it do anything? Is it worth it?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Since springs and shocks get old and need to be replace anyway for every other vehicle I sure would. $200 or less is the going rate for 4 springs and shocks, tell me is there any cheaper way to replace a suspension than that?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I am considering the same thing. 2011 JK Sport and I have springs/shocks from a 2013 Rubi Unlimited. Would I need to get extended swaybar links or extended bump stops to make this set up work?

EDIT: Forgot to add I am also putting on 3/4" Daystar spacers for a little more lift.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So yes it's worth the money? I found a pair for $150. I was just wondering if the quality of the suspension is any better?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Depending on what your current spring rates are and the new spring rates that you are looking at, you should see some height difference. UNLESS you already have stiffer springs to begin with (the closer your current rates are to 19/60, the less height you will gain).

The springs from a Rubicon are generally stiffer (i.e. 18/59, 19/60) than Sports (i.e. 13/55, 14/56). For example, if you are going from 14/56 to 18/59 spring rates, you could see approximately 1.5" of lift. The springs are a heavier duty spring than what came on your Sport. If you can, I would also swap out your current shocks with either Rubicon take-offs or another aftermarket brand of gas shocks. Many people here rave about the Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks, and they have a rebate deal going on right now through 6/1/14.

EDIT: If you are not looking to spend a ton of money, this is a very effective and cheap way to go. $150 for front/rear springs and shocks is a decent deal. Plus, you may get a small lift out of the deal too!

·
Registered
339 Posts
The ride will be stiffer and not so "mushy" due to the stiffer springs and upgraded shocks. This in turn helps with cutting down on body roll and lean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts