Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced the remote start/power locks receiver module? I have replaced the batteries in both keys and still have to be within about 10 feet for the Jeep to lock/unlock or use the remote start (which completely defeats the purpose of the remote start).

I have a lot of new Durangos & other Dodge vehicles as rentals when I travel & can activate their remote start from over 100 yards away, from my hotel room, etc.

I also have a MaxCare extended service contract so need to see if that component is covered or if it is just cheaper to replace myself without the hassle of going to the dealer.

Appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Never replaced the module, but try placing your remote directly against your chin and pressing the buttons. Sounds weird, but coupling the fob with your head allows all the fluid in your head to act as an antennae and can significantly increase the range.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never replaced the module, but try placing your remote directly against your chin and pressing the buttons. Sounds weird, but coupling the fob with your head allows all the fluid in your head to act as an antennae and can significantly increase the range.
Unfortunately, I tried it & no difference.

·
Registered
15,632 Posts
Most likely the antenna connected to the unit is disconnected or damaged

Should have a fakra connector on the unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked out the install directions on the Mopar remote start system & it looks very involved including removing the passenger airbag. I'm installing a new headunit tomorrow so when I have things apart I'll see if I can get to any of the remote start components and look for anything disconnected/damaged.

If not, I'll just take it to the dealer. I checked the MaxCare service contract & remote start is covered, so I'll just have them take a look. I need to get a clunky fan looked at anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts