Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bushings in my lower Skyjacker control arms are toast (4" kit), theres a whole lot of slop in both the front axle and rear axle from those bushings on the axle sides.. and i doubt they'll hold enough grease to fill the slop. but i was wondering do i need to buy proper Skyjacker control arm bushings? or will factory ones work?
thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure, lift was installed when I got it

·
Registered
44 Posts
You will more than likely have to order Skyjacker bushings. I just replaced the bushings in my skyjacker control arms within a year of having my lift. I have the 4" economy lift. I installed and greased them properly for them still to clunk around with a little improvement. If you can afford to I would highly recommend to replace them with a quality brand like currie. Even another cheap brand like rough country or zone would be better. Here is a pic of what the bushing looks like outside the control arm. If you have the same lift, you will see the red lips hanging out between the arm and the mount.

Red Pink Yo-yo Rim Wheel

·
Registered
527 Posts
You will more than likely have to order Skyjacker bushings. I just replaced the bushings in my skyjacker control arms within a year of having my lift. I have the 4" economy lift. I installed and greased them properly for them still to clunk around with a little improvement. If you can afford to I would highly recommend to replace them with a quality brand like currie. Even another cheap brand like rough country or zone would be better. Here is a pic of what the bushing looks like outside the control arm. If you have the same lift, you will see the red lips hanging out between the arm and the mount.

View attachment 175645
X2, replace them with another brand!

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Those bushings are absolute junk just like everything else from SJ. Either live with it or replace with a more suitable alternative.

FYI, grease isn't supposed to 'fill the slop.' If that's what you're expecting, you'll never get it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, mine looks like those. Thanks guys i'll start looking for a replacement set for now, then start looking at some different control arms.
thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts