·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
14,315 Posts
Pull bulb apply 12 volts

The fogs only work with headlights on low beam and auto shut off if headlights shifted to high beam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
804 Posts
Disconnect fogs near the light, turn them on and check voltage st the connector. Common failure point is the multi function lever, if that is where you turn the dogs on at.

John

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,315 Posts
Multifunction switch only used in fogs 2003-2006
Central dash switch on 97-2002

Not sure what hear op has as did not look like he Shared that info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an 04 so the switch is part of the headlight bar near the steering wheel.

I tried replacing the bulb with a new one and it still doesn't work.

I'm very novice at this. I don't have anything to check the voltage with. I guess I have to do that before anything else? This is probably going to be an electrical problem.

In terms of ease, should I just get new lights?
https://www.amazon.com/Blazer-C52CW-100-Watt-Quartz-Halogen/dp/B004L0AAQY/ref=sr_1_17?keywords=6%22%2Bfog%2Blights&qid=1579039202&sr=8-17&th=1

Attachments

·
Registered
804 Posts
Reactions: mav031

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Don't buy $8 lights, you will not get any sort of quality, and you don't know if that is whats wrong.

The probe listed is a good option, or get an inexpensive multimeter, now you have a tool to diagnose where the problem is. Could be the lamps, or the switch, fuse, wiring.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I found these on Amazon. Chinese replacements of the stock lights if your just looking to replace the originals, I installed them last night. Light pattern matches stock.
I bought them because I broke mounting brackets on my originals.
I did have to cut off the pigtails from the originals and solder them onto these.
Time will tell.

RP Remarkable Power, FL7091 Fit For 2003 2004 2005 2006 Wrangler Pair Front Fog Lights Lens Bumper Lamps https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FMS0JRI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_q40hEbZKNQQGR

·
Registered
97 Posts
The OEM fog lights are good quality units. They're made in Germany, and better than any junk from China. Buy a tester . . . you'll use it for other things in the future.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I love the oem fogs, now if only I could find a stone guard to fit for godsake, I figured the hella 500's would work since they are hella fogs but about half inch off....

Reactions: Macarena Man

·
Registered
289 Posts
There is a post on here to repair your "worn" multifunction switch-fog light area- IF this is your problem. Its easy to do. Specific to your year of jeep too. Check this if you cant find another source of the problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts