Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am liking the WARN Elite Series rear bumper with Tire Carrier. Reviews are it is very well built and I am not sure what the value is to having a separate swing out Tire Carrier vs one being attached to the tailgate. Less moving parts, no separate latch.

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
2010 wrangler jk sport 4 door. After putting new wheels and larger tires on last summer, ready for new rear steel bumper with tire mount. I think I like the bumper with swing out tire mount. But also considering steel bumper with tire mount that attaches to the rear tailgate. Open to all recs. here are 2 I have looked at

WARN 89525 - WARN Elite Series Rear Bumper for 07-15 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

http://www.extremeterrain.com/barric...Al15Mfg.mailto
Some people prefer a spare tire mount that attaches to the tub because the weight of the tire is spread to the tub and not one pivot point on the bumper. You can also open the tailgate in one motion instead of having to first swing away the tire carrier. The tub mounted carrier allows you to purchase any rear bumper you want instead of being limited to ones that have a carrier.

The Teraflex Tire Carrier and Adjustable Mount is a really popular option if you want a tub mounted spare carrier. A lot of guys on this forum and elsewhere are running the Barricade Trail Force HD Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier for a bumper/carrier combo with good results.

Please feel free to reach out with any other questions or if you'd like a quote on anything!

-Ryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts