Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is the right thread, but I'm looking to get my jk built up. I don't really have the skill or knowledge to do what I'm looking to get done. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,691 Posts
Welcome to the Forum pingu,

I suggest driving the Jeep as you bought it for a while. Join a local Jeep club or at least hang out with other Jeepers. Decide how you want to use YOUR Jeep. We all have different ideas of how we want to use our Jeeps and how we want them to look. Don't run out and buy a Hi-Lift jack just because you see all the other "Jeepers" with one mounted.
Not everyone that owns a Jeep is a Jeeper.

If you go to a 4X4 shop, be cautious about spending a ton of dough right out of the chute. Some 4X4 shops will want to load you up with what they have in stock without regard to how you plan to use your Jeep.

Follow the JK section of this forum for a while and you'll get a better idea of how to proceed.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: SwiftFF5

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I think this is the right thread, but I'm looking to get my jk built up. I don't really have the skill or knowledge to do what I'm looking to get done. Any help would be appreciated. thanks
Knowing your location would help.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
I can install an angry grill for a nominal fee

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
According to your profile you are from WI. I would recommend seeing if you can find a Facebook group near where you are and ask. You will get much better info from locals. Local clubs also have Garage Days where members get to socialize and work on their Jeeps with the help of others. If you are not looking to socialize and just want a trust worthy shop FB can be useful. I am from (MN Twin Cites). If you are close to the MN boarder I could give you info on clubs and shops that I would consider. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the Forum pingu,

I suggest driving the Jeep as you bought it for a while. Join a local Jeep club or at least hang out with other Jeepers. Decide how you want to use YOUR Jeep. We all have different ideas of how we want to use our Jeeps and how we want them to look. Don't run out and buy a Hi-Lift jack just because you see all the other "Jeepers" with one mounted.
Not everyone that owns a Jeep is a Jeeper.

If you go to a 4X4 shop, be cautious about spending a ton of dough right out of the chute. Some 4X4 shops will want to load you up with what they have in stock without regard to how you plan to use your Jeep.

Follow the JK section of this forum for a while and you'll get a better idea of how to proceed.

Good Luck, L.M.
I've had the jeep for a few years now and has been sitting in the garage the past year collecting dust since I've gotten a daily driver. My main goal with it is to make it a camping jeep for me and my dog. So that's a good starting point. I actually found a place close to me that should be able to do a lot of the work I need. Now I guess it's just finding what suits my needs. It has as a most basic lift that these dealerships throw in so deciding on what I want to do with the suspension will be one of the first things to do I've got fenders, bumpers and a winch all ready to be installed. thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts