Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Want to buy a 2001 Jeep wrangler,
VIN: 1J4FA59S61P373720
Mileage: 120,279
Fuel: GASOLINE
Engine: L6, 4.0L (242 CID)
Manual Transmission.
Price:$11,500
The owner say's he just changed :
The Heater core,
02 sensor
Radiator
4 tires
Evaporation core.

I am new in the jeep world and love wrangler jeeps.

Is this price a good deal?
Wish to buy this jeep and export to Africa for personal use in the field.

Is this price Ok? Is the engine a suitable engine? or is there a better option? Any disadvantages/advantages?

What in particular should i check before buying this jeep?

I will very much appreciate any advice from anyone who is familiar with this jeep model.

Thanks

·
Registered
892 Posts
Soft top, hard top or dual? Any mods or all stock? Mileage is about average for a 2001. I doubt I would pay over $10k for this Jeep.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a 01 Sahara with less miles runs great hard top and soft top,1.75 bb running 32/11.5x15's. Went in to order a 2013 the dealer is giving me $8000 for my trade. I'd be thrilled with $11500. I wouldn't pay that much for an 01 and I love mine.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Depends on where you live. I see people on the forums paying prices that seem dirt cheap for here. I looked for a few months before I found my 03 rubi listed @ $12,500. Cheapest one i'd seen and it has miles on it but otherwise was in good shape. I'd looked at a couple $10k jeeps with extras.. and they were just completely trashed.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
$11,500 is in the ballpark for that TJ out here in New England.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really appreciate all your comments and advice. being new in this world i learn alot fro each of your comments. Cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts