Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 JK has 81,000 miles on it. The extended warranty is over in 4,000 miles. (Yes the warranty has been good for me; total rear end replacement at 72k, AT lines at 75k and oil filter/cooler at 79k)

I use it in deep (12" to 18") Florida sugar sand every day of the week for 14 mile round trip. During the rain season the sand turns to mud and gets deeply rutted. I only got stuck once when the frame hung. I run KO2's.

At age 73 getting stuck again would not be fun.

Money is not unlimited, but also not really an issue.

A 2" lift would be maximum.

Please provide some suggestions.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My 2014 JK has 81,000 miles on it. The extended warranty is over in 4,000 miles. (Yes the warranty has been good for me; total rear end replacement at 72k, AT lines at 75k and oil filter/cooler at 79k)

I use it in deep (12" to 18") Florida sugar sand every day of the week for 14 mile round trip. During the rain season the sand turns to mud and gets deeply rutted. I only got stuck once when the frame hung. I run KO2's.

If you want a small lift, I enjoyed the evo leveling kit. Won't break the bank and adds 1.5 inches of lift.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,780 Posts
There are so many great choices.
The Rancho 2" Progressive lift is pretty popular. It works really well on road, and while it can be a little stiff in some situations many people seem to be happy with it off road as well. It lifts around 1.5" in back and 2.4" in front, which lifts a little and levels the rake of the Jeep out. The progressive rate springs it uses are not much longer than stock but are stiffer which (to many) improves the ride of the Jeep. It really tightens it up.
The TeraFlex based Most Popular Lift on the Wrangler Forum lift is a great 2.5" lift choice. Perhaps more height than you want, though.
The TeraFlex Performance Leveling kit (leveling springs) is a good choice. TF also offers a 1.5" lift with their Falcon shocks.
Companies like RK have leveling lift options as well. Then their is AEV, with their 2" spacer kit.
At 2" or less there aren't as many options, but if you move up to a 2.5" lift that opens it up substantially with a lot more choices.

2,793 Posts

The ones we usually recommend are the Rancho 2' lift and the Rock Krawler 1.5 coil springs if you don't want to just do pucks. The spring leveling kits def give a better ride.

We also Give thread members a discount. Send us a PM on anything you are interested in and we will help you out.

Thanks

Austin

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
I'd get a pair of recovery boards as well. Maxtrax are the best known; but there are now other copycat brands, some of which have been well reviewed. Many youtube videos--you might start with:

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts
Several quality 1.5" to 2" lifts to choose from.

But the main benefit of the lift isn't the height, it's the fact you can have larger tires. Bigger, wider tires would lift you axles up but more importantly sink less in sand. Especially if you keep the air pressure low enough.

Then some Maxtrax, or at least a tow strap so someone else can pull you out.

·
Registered
660 Posts
You didn't say the size tires you are running. I am running 285/70-17 KO2s and went with a Quadratec 1.75 leveling kit. I didn't want to spend very much and worry about additional issues with a larger lift. Easy install, looks great, plenty of clearance for the tires, and needed nothing else. Only thing I had to do was recenter the steering wheel.

There is a great thread on the Rancho 2" lift, and I was so close to going with it, but I was trying to avoid additional items like Geo correction brackets or LCAs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I picked up the Rancho 2" lift with the Rancho shocks. I am very happy with my decision and the lift looks great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts