Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think I have the right parts?
We have parts that will be installed soon, just want to get your opinions. I think I have too big of a body lift. Main goal is to keep lowest center of gravity and maintain good on road handling. I don't plan on going on any type of trails we don't go on now, just want better handling off road and little more clearance.

Trails: Easy to Moderate, worse usually being washed out desert trails
Rig: 2006 LJ
Future Tires: 33x10.5x15 KM2

Parts in our garage:

OME Coil Springs 933 and 942
OME Shocks N67 and N66
(rig has hard top and Jeeperman rear tire carrier)

JKS 6100 lower control arms
JKS OGS153 rear adj track bar
JKS OGS 126 front adj track bar
JKS 8100 1" motor mounts (my installer said I do not need these)
JKS 2942 adj end links rear swaybar drop links
JKS 9904 2.5" body lift
JKS 2001 Quicker Disconnects (front swaybar disc)

Rubicon Express RE1385 2" rear bumpstops
Rubicon Express RE1380 rear front lower bumpstops

:Thanx:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I'm not a fan of body lifts.

My '05 LJ:
3" Full Traction suspension lift w/appropriate bumpstops and rear sway bar extensions
JKS front and rear adjustable track bars
JKS quicker disconnects
Currie Johnny Joint single adjustable lower control arms
OME steering stabilizer
Rancho 9000XL adjustable shocks
33x10.50-15 BFG MTs
15x7" AR Outlaw II wheels with 3.75" backspace
Rubicon flares

It's a mix & match set up, but the combination works very well on and offroad.
I think a 3" suspension lift is about ideal for an LJ on 33s for moderate trails. No body lift or tcase drop required. I really like the adjustability of the Rancho shocks. I run setting 4 for on-road with no cargo; somewhat higher if I'm carrying a heavy load. Setting the shocks to zero when trail riding offroad allows the suspension to flex without resistance and provides a smooth comfortable ride even on rough trails.

YMMV... good luck and enjoy!!

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
Sounds like a kit from Dirk at DPG. It's probably a 1.25" body lift.

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Do you think I have the right parts?
We have parts that will be installed soon, just want to get your opinions. I think I have too big of a body lift. Main goal is to keep lowest center of gravity and maintain good on road handling. I don't plan on going on any type of trails we don't go on now, just want better handling off road and little more clearance.

Trails: Easy to Moderate, worse usually being washed out desert trails
Rig: 2006 LJ
Future Tires: 33x10.5x15 KM2

Parts in our garage:

OME Coil Springs 933 and 942
OME Shocks N67 and N66
(rig has hard top and Jeeperman rear tire carrier)

JKS 6100 lower control arms
JKS OGS153 rear adj track bar
JKS OGS 126 front adj track bar
JKS 8100 1" motor mounts (my installer said I do not need these)
JKS 2942 adj end links rear swaybar drop links
JKS 9904 2.5" body lift
JKS 2001 Quicker Disconnects (front swaybar disc)

Rubicon Express RE1385 2" rear bumpstops
Rubicon Express RE1380 rear front lower bumpstops

:Thanx:
I wouldnt use 933/942 springs. The 933s are too light for the LJ in my personal experience. I'd replace with 934/949.

The JKS arms use bushings, and are not favored. Replace them with arms with Currie Johnny Joints.

JKS may have redesigned their rear track bar, but the one I had hit the axle side bracket under droop, and bent it, and limited downtravel. If you install the raised OME bracket, the JKS rear track bar hits the frame at the gas tank mount and limits uptravel significantly. I had to throw the JKS track bar away and fabricate my own. I would have chosen the Currie rear track bar here, as they have apparently fixed this interference issue now.

I had major issues with the JKS track bar hitting the diff cover. Make sure you push the axle to full bump. They have changed the design, and assuming you have a newer bend front bar, it will clear the diff, but hit the tie-rod (which is worse). You will need to check full bump, and may need to run a V8 ZJ tie-rod to get everything to clear. It will require the 2" front bumpstops otherwise.

A 2.5" body lift is too tall. You want a 1.25" body lift. Go with either Savvy Offroad or JKS. The JKS quicker discos and rear sway bar links are a good choice.

You don't have to use the full 2" front and rear bumpstop extension if you set everything up carefully, but it's a good place to start because you can trim them down with a hand saw or portable band saw.

Also, I sure hope you were not planning to pay someone to install this, because it very likely will not get done correctly with the attention to detail that is necessary. You're far better off installing it yourself using some basic hand tools. I run a similar lift setup, take a look through my build thread to see why. Unlimited04's LJ Build - JeepForum.com

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Replace JKS arms with Currie or Savvy. Replace JKS track bars with Currie. Replace stock front sway bar and JKS quick disconnect links with Currie AntiRock.

Now your list is solid.

JKS makes some good stuff but for the price, you can do quite a bit better.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
For a 2" lift, unless your bushings are shot, I'm not sure you need to exchange your control arms, the OEM ones should suffice...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to each one of you for the info, and you gave me some good ideas. Looks like I need to refine my list of items to install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts