Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there someplace I can find info specific for 2009 Wranglers?
I found a nice 09 Wrangler X at a used car lot today that i'm interested in, however most of my research to this point have been on either 2012+ JKs or TJs skipping the 3.8L JKs all together. But I realy like this Jeep.

My main consorns are over how I can determine the gear ration (while on the dealer's lot), if this would have the older style door surrournds (soft top) or the cable type and what major build differances (besides the engine) there are between a 09 and a 12+ JK.

This 09JK X is just what I want. 2 door, soft top, no frills bare bones, very clean with just under 30k miles (my 09 Ram has 91000 so that's a big jump for me!). The dealer offered a good deal for trade in trying to get more pickups into their lot.

I did a search contaning some of the info I was looking for and found a lot of it, but still looking for more including what I may not be thinking of to ask.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
If you send the Vehicle ID # sent to Jeep you can get a copy of the build sheet with all specs and options. Dealer should be happy to help if he smells $.

·
Administrator
2020 Jeep Gladiator
42,962 Posts
They updated the JK top with the 2010 model so if it is original, it won't have the cabling. As far as the build sheet, when I bought my '07, I went to Jeep.com and downloaded the one specific to my VIN. Not sure if you can get the info if you aren't the owner but it's worth a try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts