Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I've been enjoying lurking this forum for the past few weeks (since coming back to Jeep after a decade). But now I have a question.

I have a 2012 JKU with uConnect & 130N. I can pair fine with my iPhone4s (5.0.1) via BT but not a fan of the lossy audio quality. I tried out the USB connection today and was neither able to connect nor get power from the port. I tried my wife's android and no results either. Wondering, is there something I should "reset" or should I just take time off to go to the dealer? I've been searching quite a bit but haven't found a similar issue resolved.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Hi all. I've been enjoying lurking this forum for the past few weeks (since coming back to Jeep after a decade). But now I have a question.

I have a 2012 JKU with uConnect & 130N. I can pair fine with my iPhone4s (5.0.1) via BT but not a fan of the lossy audio quality. I tried out the USB connection today and was neither able to connect nor get power from the port. I tried my wife's android and no results either. Wondering, is there something I should "reset" or should I just take time off to go to the dealer? I've been searching quite a bit but haven't found a similar issue resolved.

Thanks in advance.
Thats not right, you should get power from the USB, you tried two different phones already...maybe try an iPod, if no power you have an issue.

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
Well there are probably 2 things that would be wrong:
1) it is disconnected or a damaged connector at the module.
2) it is disconnected below the console. there is a connector on the body harness that the console USB connects to.
Depending on your abilities (and desire to go to the dealer) you may be able to see the connector below the shifter plate. This would be a quick check out. if it's not connected securely or at all, you may be able to reach down and connect it.
Let us know what you find out, ok.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well there are probably 2 things that would be wrong:
1) it is disconnected or a damaged connector at the module.
2) it is disconnected below the console. there is a connector on the body harness that the console USB connects to.
Depending on your abilities (and desire to go to the dealer) you may be able to see the connector below the shifter plate. This would be a quick check out. if it's not connected securely or at all, you may be able to reach down and connect it.
Let us know what you find out, ok.
I'm somewhat handy and tend to fix/figure-out issues on my own. Going to take a look this afternoon and see what I can see.

Thank you!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats not right, you should get power from the USB, you tried two different phones already...maybe try an iPod, if no power you have an issue.
Yep, in addition to iphone & android, also tried our ipod and even multiple cables just to be sure. No results.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts