Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
GO STEELERS !
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced a broken ABS/Speed sensor. The jeep is still jacked up and not moving cause I am also replacing the brake rotors. I turned the jeep on and the dummy lights for ABS and Speed sensor still come on. I took the positive off the battery thinking that would reset it, and the lights are still on. Does the jeep have to move to reset the system? I assume it must since its the speed sensor but not sure.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I just replaced a broken ABS/Speed sensor. The jeep is still jacked up and not moving cause I am also replacing the brake rotors. I turned the jeep on and the dummy lights for ABS and Speed sensor still come on. I took the positive off the battery thinking that would reset it, and the lights are still on. Does the jeep have to move to reset the system? I assume it must since its the speed sensor but not sure.
Yes you'll have to drive her, the warning lights will turn off within a couple of miles.

·
GO STEELERS !
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You were correct sir. Went off after about 10 yards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts