Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of curiosity, what are the typical residual values of a 2012 Jeep JKU (maybe arctic or Rubicon) in 12, 24 & 36 months?

Trying to get a feel for what the value will be in relation to MSRP down the road?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Search the threads.

There was a post lately about the 2012 JK holding value (in 5-yrs) well above average and ahead of Toyota :thumb:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure it holds value relatively well, but I'm trying to figure out what the residual's are based on a lease. Those tend to be the best benchmarks.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
I always love how some claim the Rubi has so much resale as if the sport is worthless at resale. Sort of smacks that in the face.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Interesting thread....
After spending all day fighting with a dealer over the trade-in value of the GF's Mazda 6, it occoured to me that I might be going about my pursuit of a JKU all wrong. Instead of fighting over the trade in value of my Libby...I could trade in my old Acura instead....and purchase a 2 door, manual tranny sport (being that they hold their value so well).....and keep my Libby instead.

One other item should be mentioned. If this is based on MSRP, keep in mind that the gap between the invoice price and MSRP is a lot closer on the Sports than on the Saharas and Rubi's.

Example -
2 Door Sport MSRP = $22,045
2 Door Sport invoice = $21,461
Invoice is 97.35% of MSRP

2 Door Sahara MSRP = $27,970
2 Door Sahara invoice = $26,413
Invoice is 94.43% of MSRP

2 Door Rubi MSRP = $29,995
2 Door Rubi invoice = $28,256
Invoice is 94.20% of MSRP

The 4 doors have similar percentages...(but there is some skewing do to the flat $800 destination fee.....and I'm too lazy to back that number out right now).

·
Premium Member
3,182 Posts
Residual is always based off of MSRP. The residuals are for 36 month leases

for 48 months the residual goes down 5 to 8% depending on trim level.

These are for auto tarns as well. You have to deduct 3% for manual trans

·
Premium Member
3,182 Posts
Pat, what is the value at 12 $ 24 months? Also, are the rates you're quoting the trade-in value or retail value? Thanks for the help.
Residual value is what the lease bank thinks the vehicle will be worth at the end of the lease term. They set the residuals. I would say it's trade in value, or what the lease company thinks it will see for at auction.

Not many banks do a 1 year lease. The 24 month leases have a residual in the 64 to 67% range.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts