Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was under the jeep and noticed my exhaust makes a complete circle on the drivers side. Wat is the purpose of doing that? Does an aftermarket system eliminate it?

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
You mean the Six Flags rollercoaster loop? Fun for the little things, I suppose...ants, beetles, etc.

I'm not sure anyone really knows why it's made that way. If you put larger lifts on your Jeep it'll cause problems, but otherwise, why mess with it? It's probably there for some good (yet unknown) engineering reason.

·
Registered
283 Posts
It's the only way they could equalize the exhaust flow....kind of like when you see some aftermarket headers with unusual looking bends ....though not THAT unusual! When I saw that, it struck me as being a potential problem in terms of modifying the exhaust as the "donut" serves a purpose.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Yeah; don't "eliminate" it.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That pic is almost like it. Equalize flow? I call b.s. it all goes into a single pipe.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Surely someone will come out with a proper dual exhaust system for installation along side lifts that are hindered by the exhaust crossover pipe.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I installed. 3.5" AEV lift, 35"tires and a AFE
Y pipe it's still there, causing no problems
I would have to get in a bad situation
To even come close to hitting it since I added the lift because of the drop brackets AEV uses.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts