Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As of the middle of March, a couple weeks ago, I've had my JLR 1 year and 8,000 miles. It's been flat towed behind my RV another 6,000 and the fact how easily it tows was a factor in my purchasing it too. I have owned and operated many 4x4's over my 50 years of driving, hunting fishing and just 'kickin it' in the back country of the western U.S.. My experience with this 2019 JLR has been excellent. No FCA build issues what so ever. Studing up on the Wrangler JL prior to my ordering. I found the Rubicon pkg. to be well worth the added cost to the purchase. I could not justify optioning much more on this purpose built design. The world class 8 speed automatice transmission and the well thought out hardtop is the only factory options I felt worth while or needed to add. Many folks find the need for the larger capacity of the JLU, the JL was my choice. To date I have install quite a few aftermarket pieces and am very happy with the off road capabilities. As built this modified JLR exceeds my needs. Because the list of aftermarket items has been written up on another forum I am copying it and posting here...
MODEL YEAR:2019MAKE:JEEPMODEL/TRIM:WRANGLER JLRCOLOR:whiteENGINE:3.6TRANSMISSION:auto 8 SpdPACKAGES:24RFACTORY OPTIONS:3.6, auto trans. , body color hardtopMODS - WHEELS / TIRES / BRAKES:37x12.5r17 Cooper STT Pro’s and AEV JL Pintler wheels 5.77 offset +25mmMODS - SUSPENSION / CHASSIS:Mopar lift, Synergy HD Tie-Rod, Drag Link, T.B./sector shaft brace and Frt. LCA. Superlift rear T.B. re-location bracket. M.O.R.E. belly pan, Rancho frt. & rear diff. skids, LCA skids, RockHard rear shock skids. AEG rocker sliders. Fox 2.0 steering stabilizer/w MC relocation brackets, swaybar motor flip, SkidRow exhaust loop skidMODS - POWERTRAIN / DRIVETRAIN:muffler delete, delete pipe, aFe air filterMODS - EXTERIOR:RockHard frt. aluminum bumper, Smittybilt 9.5 winch, KC driving lights, AEG rock sliders and Hi-lift tube mounts, GenRight rear alum. bumper, Tailgate Spare tire delete, License Plate relocate(DIY), LED backup mount (DIY), Cooltech CB antenna mount,DIY FRS/GMRS antenna mountMODS - INTERIOR:Tan color change on upper plastic trim pieces(DIY), HotHead roof liner(beige) Cooltech CB kit, DIY FRS/GMRS mount, ARB twin compressor OBA, rear seat delete, cargo storage platform(DIY), tailgate table (DIY), Brawlee upper tailgate LED light bar, M.O.R.E. dead petal and their ARB compressor mountMODS - IN-CAR ELECTRONICS:Cooltech Cobra C.B. deluxe kit, Midland’s MXT400 frs/gmrs bundle, Cooltech tow wiring kitMODS - SOFTWARE / TUNE / PROGRAMMER:Taser miniHISTORY / COMMENTS:This JLR weighs 5,180 /bs. as built with me in it and fully loaded. It always has hand tools, recovery gear, food, water, clothing and backpacking type camping gear stowed onboard. Today it has 8,500 miles driven and another 6,000 flat-towed to 4x4 events. It is not a daily driver.
day one
as delivered
JL day one-dealer.jpg
home
IMG_1895.jpg

as it's now generally seen, sweaty and dirty.
JL dirty and sweaty @ Loon Lake.jpeg

JL w new shoes 2.jpg

JL next to MUT.jpeg

JL interior ceiling 1.jpeg

Slickrock road.jpg

JL spare.jpeg

JL M.O.R.E. belly pan.jpeg

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thank you. did you build your 3A and what going on in the back? I built a 3a and had a lot of fun with it.
View attachment 4419127
Yes I did, it started its life as a conveyor for the Air Force to load planes. It was shipped to indiana before the end user to be upfitted. Attached is a picture of one from back then. I installed a brabd new Kubota 2.4 turbo diesel in it a few months ago and are finishing the final touches. I also replaced the tranny and transfer case with Kaiser Willys OEM rebuilt units and hope to get the drive shafts back tomorrow and installed over the weekend. The original F Head was getting tired and I wanted to do the diesel swap the day I started the build. It has power steering so I installed a Volvo electric power steering pump to keep the engine compartment as clean as possible. I still want to install low back seats. Its together now and running great but its the little things that are taking the time.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
update of current build

MODEL YEAR 2019 MODEL WRANGLER JLR COLOR Bright white ENGINE3.6 TRANSMISSION auto 8 Spd PACKAGES24R FACTORY OPTIONS 3.6, auto trans. , body color hardtop
MODS - WHEELS / TIRES / BRAKES...37x12.5r17 Cooper STT Pro’s and AEV JL Pintler wheels 5.77 offset +25mmMODS - TIRE SIZE37" TiresMODS - SUSPENSION / CHASSISMopar lift(77072396AC) with RK pads, Synergy HD Tie-Rod, Drag Link, T.B./sector shaft brace and Front Adj. LCAs. Superlift rear T.B. re-location bracket. Fox 2.0 steering stabilizer.MODS - LIFT HEIGHT2.5" Lift
MODS - POWERTRAIN / DRIVETRAIN... muffler delete, delete pipe, Mopar cold air hood intake system
MODS - EXTERIOR...RockHard front aluminum bumper, Smittybilt 9.5 winch, Hi-lift tube mounts, GenRight rear alum. bumper, Tailgate Spare tire delete, License Plate relocate(DIY), RotoPak fuel cans & LED backup mount (DIY), Cooltech CB antenna mount, DIY FRS/GMRS antenna mount left frt. cowl, JT grill mesh, non-Rubicon hood, body color cowl intake cover. Sahara hood swap and raised hood hinges for hot engine ventilation. Mopar cold air intake vent(real)
MODS - ARMOR & PROTECTION... M.O.R.E. belly pan, Rancho frt. & rear diff. skids, LCA skids, AEG rocker sliders.swaybar motor flip, SkidRow exhaust loop skid, MetalCloack steering stabilizer relocation kit.MODS - LIGHTINGaux. LED backup, KC 7" round driving lights, Brawlee LED tail lift gate light bar
MODS - RECOVERY EQUIPMENT...Hi-lift, 9.5 Smittybilt winch., 2 snatch blocks, tree savers, 20' tow rope, folding shovel/pick, bottle jack, 3' pick/digging/pry barMODS - INTERIORTan color change on upper plastic trim pieces(DIY), HotHead roof liner(beige) Cooltech CB kit, DIY FRS/GMRS mount at rear view mirror delet location, ARB twin compressor(OBA), rear seat delete, 2 level cargo storage platform(DIY), tailgate table (DIY), Brawlee upper tailgate LED light bar, M.O.R.E. dead petal and their ARB compressor mount, weathertech floor linersMODS - IN-CAR ELECTRONICSCooltech Cobra C.B. deluxe kit, Midland’s MXT400 frs/gmrs bundle, Cooltech tow wiring kit
MODS - SOFTWARE / TUNE / PROGRAMMER...Taser lite
HISTORY / EXPERIENCE / COMMENTS...This JLR weighs 5,180 /bs. as built with me in it and fully loaded. It always has hand tools, recovery gear, food, water, clothing and backpacking type camping gear stowed onboard. Today it has over 14,000 miles driven and another 25,000 flat-towed to 4x4 events and trail heads. It is not a daily driver. BTW, the GVRW is 5,350 lbs. MPG when on pavement 16/18. No issues experienced to date.
jl at bumble bee ck, az..jpeg

·
Sponsoring Vendor
'13 JK
4,630 Posts
Love it! Part of me was really hoping there would be a rocking chair built within it, but a rocking camp chair would suffice too haha.

-Julia

·
Registered
2010 JK
330 Posts
Looks awesome. I'd love to see more pictures of the tan interior with the red dash!

Reactions: sourdough
1 - 13 of 13 Posts