Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to order a '12 JKU Sport S. I thought I could get everthing I wanted by adding options. Turns out I can't get the following on the Sport:nonono::
  • Remote Start
  • Heated Seats
  • 115v out
I don't want a Sahara because of the painted top and fenders. I don't want a Rubicon because of the price and the extra low gearing on the T Case (I live in the Rockies and do most of my wheeling busting snow drifts and charging down Spring and Fall muddy roads). Can I easily add the remote start and AC outlet from aftermarket sources? I know heated seats are an outside chance. We have three seasons here: 1) last Winter, 2) this Winter, and 3) next Winter!:eek:

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
You are buying a Jeep Wrangler. If there's another vehicle that has as comprehensive of an aftermarket I am unaware of it. Entire companies do nothing but make stuff for folks to put into their Wranglers.

There is nothing that cannot be added from aftermarket sources. Heated seats? Are you kidding me? You can get the kit delivered to your house and install it in your driveway. Hell, you can buy seat covers that come with heated options. Outlets? Guys on this forum have made them from spare parts in their garages. Several on here have installed remote starts--even on manual transmissions.

You'll have your pick of options for any of those items.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Any of that stuff can be added with factory parts. Most of the electrical gizmos on modern vehicles are already wired up on every vehicle off the line, they just don't put in the switch and the gizmo.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
In my area you can get an aftermarket remote start and keyless entry combo for $299.00.

So yes you can get remote start for a sport aftermarket. There have been several that have added heated seat aftermarket too. Just do a forum search. And it is easy to buy a inverter at many stores. Harbor Freight sales them. There was someone awhile back that mounted one in the bottom of the center console.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Doing a forum search, someone installed these heated seats and liked them. Said taking off the seat covers are a pain in the rear but was worth it.

Cobraheat Part WSH - Carbon Fiber Seat Heater by WarmSeats

And here is another brand someone mentioned

https://www.quadratec.com/products/14159_101.htm

Or you can order the Mopar heated seat kit and put them in yourself

Mopar Part # is 82210854AC

ANd here is a thread were someone installed a Check heated seat kit

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/2011-heated-seat-install-check-corporation-75230.html

·
Registered
38 Posts
Same issues

We had nearly identical issues with our recent 2011 purchase (Sport/Sahara). I wanted remote start (hubby didn't care, but he doesn't have to scrape my windows in the winter ;)). We both wanted heated seats (getting older...feels really good on sore muscles :thumb:). Neither of us liked the painted hard top (too Hummer-like) or the painted flares (on Mango Tango...they look good on other colors). We didn't want to take a chance on aftermarket accessories (different key/remote fob, placement of switches on the console, etc). We figured the painted flares could be (and probably will be) replaced eventually. We had the choice of a black freedom top or the painted top (not sure of the options on the 2012 orders). For us, we decided to get the functionality we want now and compromise on the looks (just the flares- got the black hard top) rather than compromise on the options we really wanted, so we got the Sahara. Turns out it was probably cheaper (and less time in the shop to install aftermarket accessories) than going with the Sport and adding what we wanted. We haven't regretted it for a second! I LOVE our baby and am so happy we got the features we wanted!

Just thought I'd share our experience since it was so similar. Good luck making the right decision for you! I'm sure you'll love your new Jeep too! Don't forget to wave! :wavey:

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Talk to your dealer, they should be able to add heated seats for you. We had heated seats added to my wifes Nitro, at our dealership, they did a nice job seats heat up nice switches look stock. They add theese all the time, hope this helps

·
Registered
235 Posts
The only good thing about the factory remote start is its on the key fob. Distance is a meager if lucky 200ft range.
I just had an Autostart put in ( cheapest model but still just under $400) that has 2000ft range.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to everyone for your insights :thumb:. From your replies it seems that many of the after market parts are at least as good, or better, than the factory options. I could have guessed that if I had thought about it and searched the threads :facepalm:. My idea of a good time is wrenching on a hobby vehicle (mostly dirt and adventure bikes until I got too old to ride them) in my shop (yep it's heated). I guess I'll go with a JKU Sport and add the quality parts that I want myself. Long winters to pass the time in, and it'll be more fun that way :D. See you on the trail...and I'll be sure to wave :wavey:.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts