Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to get some racing style seats and decided to would like to keep the fold and tumble style seats. The fabric both seats are in rough shape and i had some ideas for them. I was wanting to see about having the padding built up on the sides of the seat and around the "kidney" areas on the back to hold me in better on the trails and reupholstering with leather/vinyl. Has anyone done that before? I'm really getting tired of the holes in my seats stealing all of my stuff lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
I live in Scottsdale Az. I have my top and doors off most of the time and my seats got faded and beat up by the Sun and rain, I tried seat covers but wanted my original seats to look new and not wear out. So I went to a shop who recommended reupholster them in a material called Sunbrella. It is sun and rain proof, I was skeptical but gave it to them(98 TJ Sahara) I was floored by the comfort (new padding inside)and the look, just like the factory, well here it is 8 years later and they look like brand new, no fading and they are waterproof!!! When it rains it just beads up and drys quick. I am very happy. Look it up Sunbrella. Good luck!

·
Registered
48 Posts
check out PRP seats. True racing suspension seats at a very reasonable cost and made in the USA. I assume if mounted on your original brackets, they would be able to tilt as the factory ones do, but I would contact them to be sure.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I mounted my corbeau baja xrs seats onto my factory brackets to keep the fold and tumble

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I mounted my corbeau baja xrs seats onto my factory brackets to keep the fold and tumble
im interested in buying a set of corbeau seats, how much taller are the, im very tall and dont want to hit my head on the roll bar
As a tall person you do t want the Corbeau XRS seats. I’m only 6’3” and the seat backs don’t even reach my neck. No head support whatsoever.

The Corbeau Moab seats in my other rig are much taller. Can’t help with the roll bar clearance as I have an after market roll cage.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I have the Mastercraft Baja RS seats and their kit to mount the seats to the factory bases retains the fold and tumble. They also have an option for high back to accommodate for taller individuals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts