Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all and thanks in advance for any helpful info, advice, and tips. I'm new to jeeps and I'm taking on a task of converting a 2009 Unlimited X Sport 4x2 automatic into...well what I consider somewhat of a street legal beast. From the research that I've done to this point and from all the many options that are available, I decided to defer to the jeep experts...you guys. I want to install Dana 60 front and rear axles and run 40" tires with 24" wheels. I'm not sure of the exact gear ratio that I will need. I believe that 3.73 is standard with the factory option. I haven't decided yet on the lift, and all opinions or suggestions are welcome. I'm also curious as to recommended transmission upgrade as this will be a must along with transfer case options. The jeep is 100% factory with no existing upgrades. I'm not planning on replacing the engine, but instead installing Banks ram air and monster exhaust systems. Possibly considering headers down the road. I would greatly appreciate any input and thanks again for your contributions to my Reverence Project!

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Wow that will be quite a project! I dont have much experience with 4x2 jeeps but from what I do know, it sounds like this will be a very, very expensive project :) I would guess you want possibly 5.88 gears or something similar. Looking forward to seeing how this goes for you!

oh and welcome to WF :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really want to do everything for a rock solid top of the line build. I really don't want to spare any expenses. First build though, so before I start buying random equipment I want to get all my ducks in a row. I'm planning on completely overhauling the entire drivetrain and suspension. Please forgive my complete greenness and lack of technical knowledge. Trying to soak up ideas and advice on the details like this that I need to insure I pay attention to in order to mitigate replacing part after part on a possible over zealous project.

·
Super Moderator
15,498 Posts
:welcome:

Intake and exhaust will not help enough for that set up on a 3.8 motor. My buddy had 40's, D60s on a 3.8 with a super charger and it still wasn't enough. Ending up going LS3.

For 40s I would go minimum 5.13 gears with that motor and would strongly urge you to go numerically higher.

Good luck and have fun!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I would think you would also want/need to get a hydro steering kit - factory steering box would be a weak link after upgrading all that

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info so far. I'm currently set on Rock Jock Dana 60 front and rear assemblies with 5.38 ratio. Going to take a little while. I will post pics as it goes. Will look into possible engine swap out, but don't currently have it budgeted. Don't waste money on the rest though if the current engine can't push it...

·
Super Moderator
15,498 Posts
Thanks for all the info so far. I'm currently set on Rock Jock Dana 60 front and rear assemblies with 5.38 ratio. Going to take a little while. I will post pics as it goes. Will look into possible engine swap out, but don't currently have it budgeted. Don't waste money on the rest though if the current engine can't push it...
With that gearing you should at least try the 3.8. Then a new motor can be Phase II :D

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
With the money your spending on this your almost better off getting a new jk and starting there

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, haven't updated in a while. Not much progress as of yet. I have installed the Wild Boar Targa Fastback Hard Top. I have also decided to scrap the chevy motor idea due to the negative feedback I've received on the electronics with various shops and people that I have talked to. I still want to at least try a Hemi swap though. Going to be a long project, but will add pictures as I go.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally Some Pics - As bought

Pics of the Reverence Project before any mods. I have pics of interior, engine, etc...that I will post pre- and post- mods as they are performed.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It has been a while since the last post on here and there have been several changes since then...added the below so far:

-> RPM Extreme LS Swap components
-> GM Crate LS3 480HP
-> 6L80E 6 Speed Automatic Transmission
-> Teraflex 4" Long Arm Suspension System w/ Speed Bumps
-> Nitto Trail Grappler 40x15.50R20
-> Fuel Off Road Beast 20" 8 lug
-> Spicer Dana Ultimate 60 Axles
-> Adams Off Road 1350 Driveshafts
-> Switch Pros 8 Switch Panel Power System
-> K&N intake and filter
-> Warn Locking Hubs
-> Daystar Hood Wranglers
-> Front & Rear GraBars
-> Poison Spyder Brawler Lite Front Bumper
-> Poison Spyder BFH Rear Bumper w/Tabs
-> Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
-> Motobilt Tag Relocation Bracket
-> Poison Spyder Tag Delete Plate
-> JW Speaker 8700 Evolution J Headlights
-> JW Speaker 279 Evolution J Tail Lights
-> JW Speaker 6145 Evolution J Fog Lights

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I need to get some better pics with the bumpers and lights added. Whenever I do, I will try hard to remember to post them and hopefully it won't be 4 months lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts