Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello.... i have the day off today so i was planning on installing a backup camera. i just popped the taillight casing off and noticed that there are 3 wires going to the reverse bulb. not gunna lie, i was hoping for 2.... so my question is, which one should i tap into in order to power the camera when im in reverse? there are 2 black wires they are labeled minor and ground, and a white wire with a green stripe that is labeled major.... i do have a multimeter, but im home alone at the moment which makes putting it in reverse and testing nearly impossible....and pretty dangerous

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
You can set the parking brake and put it in reverse with the engine off. You may have to start the engine to take the shifter out of park.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:D I hooked my backup camera on my off-road trailer, on top the license plate and it use's the license light power wire-

Now that way, I have to turn the driving lights on to use the camera, but I don't wantit on all the time-

You could probably use your jeep license light pwr -

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
I do my own stunts.
3,013 Posts
My '09 has three wires going to the tail light bulb, but only two wires going to the backup light bulb which are black and white/green. I tapped into the white/green wire to power the auxillary backup lights that came with my aftermarket bumper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts