Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I suppose it will depend what you're after.

Crown (RT Offroad) do a RHD steering linkage but I've found crown rubber to be very poor quality over the years, cracking and splitting in no time at all. I'd recommend replacing TRE boots before even fitting their steering linkage. I think crown do a RHD track bar too.

Radiator is offset differently. I've no idea what a RHD Mopar rad would cost but if you can get them over there compare price with Nissens. They are an OEM rad manufacturer for many car makers. The Nissens rad I have is now over 8 years old and counting.

I've not seen a RHD upper rad hose for years, but a LHD hose fits with a bit trimmed off the rad end. I think I trimmed about 1 1/2" of the LHD hose I have fitted to my RHD. Doing that both shortens it and corrects the angle for the hose to align properly.

Not sure about the lower hose, I know gates and AC Delco do lower hoses for 97-99 models but don't know what would be different. I have seen silicon hoses for later years that specify "with revised water pump". RHD heater hoses, if needed, are not available as far as I know although silicon versions are.

Steering gear if required you can look for LLV gears as I believe they are the same, otherwise somewhere like PSC might be the best bet.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
What parts are you looking for? Radiator is the same for RHD and LHD. You just need to swap brackets. I was never able to find upgraded RHD steering so used an UTK setup from Ares Fab designed for a LHD rig and flipped it OTK. Worked perfectly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Most parts are the same, Tie rod is same, you need the RHD drag link. Air con pipes are different, condenser is same as LHD, heater element is different.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Your HVAC unit is a mirror of the 98-99 LHD models, where the fan is accessed by removing the battery, replacement fans are available but very expensive.

When adjusting vent positions make sure the fan is on low speed. If the fan is on high, changing vent positions can snap the levers on the ends of the vent doors, trust me on that. There are a couple of levers available for LHD models, but RHD levers are not available so it's best not to risk breaking them.

I was forgetting the brackets could be swapped between LHD and RHD rads. It's a long time since I've had an OEM rad. First time my rad failed I got it re-cored, next time I replaced it with an all metal rad. When that failed I got the Nissens noted above. It's single layer core with plastic tanks like Mopar rads, but was less than half the price of a RHD Mopar rad over here at the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts