Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
What happens when you remove the cross bars?
You don't :nonono:

It is a very solid and quality system. Even came with padding for around the front section of the internal braces. That said, if you are opposed to drilling your hard top, this is not the rack for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts
It depends on the type of feet you have. If you get the locking quick disconnects, this is what's left over with the bars removed.
This is 100% correct. I should have clarified. I did not go with the quick feet b/c I knew I would never take the bars off. It is a very nice option they provide though if you prefer removing the bars themselves.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I currently have the quick release clips and I'm looking to go to the fixed feet. Can someone let me know how much room is below the platform and the hardtop? I need to see if I'll have room to mount a table between.
Thanks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I currently have the quick release clips and I'm looking to go to the fixed feet. Can someone let me know how much room is below the platform and the hardtop? I need to see if I'll have room to mount a table between.
Thanks!
I would like to know this also. And, if anyone has mounted a RTT/hard shell tent in this configuration please share your experiences.
Thank you.

·
Registered
610 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
WhoDoesThat,

Maximus-3 has teamed up with Rhino Rack to bring an ultra low profile platform to the market. Our system add less than 3 inches to overall height (5" if you go with a rail kit) It's and beast-mode strong. Plus the optional ladders are highly functional and stylish.

You can check it out at: https://maximus-3.com/roof-rack
been searching for this info for days.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
I recently installed the Maximus-3 Rhino/Pioneer and am very pleased with the install and rack itself. It seems to be the cleanest looking OEM look of all the competitors. There was a slight glitch where they sent me the JL brackets instead of the JK brackets but they did send me new parts and a return label and everything worked out fine.

·
Registered
406 Posts
It came down to the Rhino Rack and Teraflex Nebo for me. I went the Rhino Rack route as it was a better fit for my needs. It's versatile enough to serve as a photography platform, securely store my typical recovery gear, haul ply wood, and perhaps a future RTT.

I would love to see your plywood mounting pics. I am trying to decide if I want to go with side rails or full rails....hauling a few 4 x 8 sheets is the determining factor.

·
Registered
113 Posts
hi folks
please does anyone have a picture of Rhino Rack backbone system on a short JK with roof top tent on it ? Ideally hardbody tent like Maggiolina, Ikamper or Autohome
thanks

·
Registered
610 Posts
hi folks
please does anyone have a picture of Rhino Rack backbone system on a short JK with roof top tent on it ? Ideally hardbody tent like Maggiolina, Ikamper or Autohome
thanks
Some info and a few pics here:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thank you. Also found that thread but it is a modified 4 door rack so there is an additional anchor point in the front freedom panels.
Also the way to go but i am curious whether someone runs with RTT just with the 2 bars for 2-door

·
Registered
40 Posts
Reviving a slightly older thread here, with the Rhino Rack Backbone, , do you need to unbolt/remove anything other than usual Jeep hardtop bolts to remove the hardtop (with crossbars on or off)?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Reviving a slightly older thread here, with the Rhino Rack Backbone, , do you need to unbolt/remove anything other than usual Jeep hardtop bolts to remove the hardtop (with crossbars on or off)?
The Backbone becomes part of the hard top.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts