Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanted to pull all the carpet out of my 95 yj. I want to be able to hose it out after getting all muddy. I have looked at por30 and rhinoliner so far. I need some input from my friends on this forum to give me some suggestions on what you recommend. Thanks!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Pull Carpet

Ive pulled the carpet in mine and it was a great idea so if you haven't done that already I would recommend it. Also If you have the means to do it rhino line is a good idea. Por 15/30 works good from what I heard.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Did they come out with a newer version of the POR product? From what i've read por 15/30 works great on the frame but sometimes bleeds off. Others have said to spray over that with a good spray paint to stop it from bleeding. I've also heard and read Raptor Liner is really great stuff for the inside of the tub. Then there's Lizard Skin for heat reduction and sound deadening. Those are the products I've read about and researched. Good luck and let us know what you decided...Gunny Out!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am getting ready to do Monstliner this weekend. I did a lot of research and his seems to be a great product for the inside. I would not use POR-15 only because i dont think it would hold up. Also, the POR gets more cloudy looking due to poor uv protection. It is a great product, i have it on my frame and chassis, but i would not use it on the floor. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
383 Posts
POR 15 is really only for rust. It won't really stick well on painted metals. Unless you have tons of surface rust inside I wouldn't use it. I would stick with a bed liner type material. I personally will be monstalining my interior. I was doin a lot of of reading and it seemed to get good reviews. I haven't applied it yet so I can really recommend it. I've read bad things about herculiner. But again, no direct experience.

If you plan on doin it yourself. Prep work is key. 80 percent of a paint job is in the prep. Make sure you scuff your existing paint really well. And then clean it. So clean you would eat spaghetti and sauce off of it. Then you are ready for paint. Any dirt or particle under the paint results in a poorer bond. Lots of dirt and your new lining could be peeling up in chunks.

Good luck!

·
Registered
325 Posts
MONSTALINER
I love my monstaliner tub, I rolled it in myself. It is 100% UV protected, so it will never fade like the other brands.
Plus it comes in like a billion colors if you don't like a straight black. I think a white or light grey would have been better - it would show dirt much less.
There's pictures of my monstaliner on my profile, check it out. I'm proud of it. :D

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
The POR products are made for a rusty area. But they need to be top-coated with something afterwards.

Rhinoliner is good if professionally sprayed in. The do-it-yourself kits are cheap because they don't have the UV protectant in them. So the liner (if exposed to the sun) will go chalky.

The best that I have used so far based on an ease of use, is Monstaliner. Its a little more pricey than the others, but the results are hands down better than the rest. 1 gallon gives you enough to do the inside of a YJ body with 2 complete coats and enough left over to add a 3rd coat to the high traffic areas like floor boards and door openings. You can roll it on, or get an undercoating gun to spray it on.

I have dupli-color truck bed liner on my top and fender flares. It has been on there for 2 years now without any issues. But it is just your basic black. Monstaliner comes in lots of different colors.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Colors other than black??? Glad i read this thread now i have more to consider :) i like options
Again, if you are considering doing the YJ tub, I would go with a lighter color, a light grey. The black looks sharp, but takes a lot of maintaining - every dirt road makes it's mark! Lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the info and advice! I think I am going to go with Monsterliner. They have so many colors, I think I will defiantly do a two tone. I love the outside looking dirty but not the inside so much. Unless the mud is in my hair too! Then it's been a awesome day!!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Did they come out with a newer version of the POR product? From what i've read por 15/30 works great on the frame but sometimes bleeds off. Others have said to spray over that with a good spray paint to stop it from bleeding. I've also heard and read Raptor Liner is really great stuff for the inside of the tub. Then there's Lizard Skin for heat reduction and sound deadening. Those are the products I've read about and researched. Good luck and let us know what you decided...Gunny Out!!!
Awesome find on the lizard skin. I never heard of that stuff, but I just googled it. I monstalined my Jeep inside and out about two years ago. My biggest complaint is the noise inside from the road with no carpet. Looks like I will get some of that lizard liner and do another coat of monstaliner on top of it. Only reason it bothers me is because I have a bluetooth stereo but can never use hands free calling because no one can hear me.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
How much of the monstaliner did the outside of jeep take? Also, I am thinking about it but nervous because it cant be removed.
It can be removed. Would take some heavy sanding and about three coats of primer with more sanding between each coat, but if you wanted it gone it would come off.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I did redo mine a couple of months ago. Pyroclastic and OD Green this time. It was burnt orange, but it never came out the shade I was looking for. Waited two years and did it again. After logs and rocks repeatedly (this is mainly a toy) the Orange held up perfectly fine and never faded since it is UV sealed. I like it more now though.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.