Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided I want to do a gear change. I cannot find ANYONE in this friggen state that knows how to do it. Anyone know of a good shop in Southern Mass they can recommend?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Only one I know in Mass is Elias 4WD and that's northern mass. In NH, Steve's Jeep Country in Epsom can do it I think. I've known the owner (Steve, go figure haha) for years. He's a good dude and so are his shop guys.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Truck guys in Weymouth doesn't do gears. Personally, I wouldn't trust them licking a stamp on the right side. They used to be decent with truck mods back in the day until one of the owners jumped ship and left it in the hands of an arrogant DB.....and no, I've never worked there, I just know the two guys that started it. Don't waste your time looking them up. Call Ron's Automotive in Hanover MA and ask for Joel. Great guy. 781-826-3830.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I could get you contact info for a guy in Wareham, MA if you would like. Works at Falmouth Motor Car on the Cape but does side work from his own shop in Wareham.

·
Premium Member
2,500 Posts
Why not take it to a speed shop that specializes in performace cars. They do so many gear swaps on Mustangs it's not even funny. I'm no motor head but think it can't be that hard for these guys. Is this a viable option, or am I off base here?

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why not take it to a speed shop that specializes in performace cars. They do so many gear swaps on Mustangs it's not even funny. I'm no motor head but think it can't be that hard for these guys. Is this a viable option, or am I off base here?
I've talked to a shop that did mustangs but never did a jeep and wasn't sure how to it. Not letting someone cut their teeth on me. I'll take any contacts anyone has!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I've talked to a shop that did mustangs but never did a jeep and wasn't sure how to it. Not letting someone cut their teeth on me. I'll take any contacts anyone has!

If they've done Mustangs but don't know how on a Jeep then they don't know what they're doing. It isn't any different. Fools.

·
Premium Member
2,500 Posts
Mig, I buy a ton of my mods from off road elements. They are located in abbington,ma. I am not sure if they do installs bc i live in TX and they just ship 2 me, but the owner Eric is a Jeep guy and I am sure can point you in the right direction. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Mig, I buy a ton of my mods from off road elements. They are located in abbington,ma. I am not sure if they do installs bc i live in TX and they just ship 2 me, but the owner Eric is a Jeep guy and I am sure can point you in the right direction. Hope this helps.
Eric is a great guy. Very knowledgeable. They don't do the installs for the most part, especially gearing. They're the ones that hooked me up with Joel in Hanover. If you still need to buy the gears, call Offroad Elements in Abington and they'll make sure you have everything ahead of time.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think I'll give Joel a call. Was going to buy Yukon gears from north ridge 4x4. Any reason not to?

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Eric is a great guy. Very knowledgeable. They don't do the installs for the most part, especially gearing. They're the ones that hooked me up with Joel in Hanover. If you still need to buy the gears, call Offroad Elements in Abington and they'll make sure you have everything ahead of time.
Grump, did Joel do your gears? What did he charge you for labor?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Grump, did Joel do your gears? What did he charge you for labor?
Joel did my lift on the Jeep. He's also done a ton of work for my friends that is second to none. He's very reasonable and he gets it done quick. He drives a F350 with a 6" lift and all the bells and whistles that he did himself. He takes pride in his work and it's rare to see it nowadays.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Joel did my lift on the Jeep. He's also done a ton of work for my friends that is second to none. He's very reasonable and he gets it done quick. He drives a F350 with a 6" lift and all the bells and whistles that he did himself. He takes pride in his work and it's rare to see it nowadays.
Great endorsement, appreciate it!!!!!!! I'll tell him he came highly recommended by a guy named grump fish lol

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
There was a highly regarded shop around Hartford I had heard about. I'll see if I can find it. It's a little bit further for you but they specialized in Jeeps so I think it might be worth the extra 30 minute drive.

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
I think I'll give Joel a call. Was going to buy Yukon gears from north ridge 4x4. Any reason not to?
I wouldn't take gears to a shop. Give the Shop Guy the note and have them call and get them. Avoid "Who shot John" situations at all cost.
Ain't worth it no way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts